2017 Summer Intern Program - Finance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
As a Finance Intern, you will have the opportunity to assist business leaders in creating long-term company value while supporting, Accounting, Taxation or Treasury. Finance roles at Ardent Mills extend far beyond the necessities of processing payments and assuring compliance. You will gain exposure and accept responsibilities throughout the many stages transactions to gain a comprehensive understanding of company operations and see the results of your work. You will work alongside team members who offer their own unique skills and ideas, allowing you to broaden your knowledge and capabilities. You will have the opportunity to enhance your business knowledge and leadership skills needed for future success. A successful candidate will have the following attributes:
* The ability to deliver results in first-time situations by inspiring others and working to earn trust every day
* The willingness to serve others with understanding, respect, and care
* The ability to operate with simplicity, clarity and transparency
* The willingness to effectively deal with and drive change
* The ability to organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines
* The ability to learn and apply new technology, with the willingness to share knowledge with others
Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
Areas of exposure may include, but are not limited to:
* The ability to manage front to back processes, or portions thereof, that require hands-on, detailed accounting work and the opportunity to develop new tools/processes that will facilitate ease and efficiency
* Financial Reporting & Analysis; develop an understanding of the relevant industries and market structure; proactively communicate with traders, analysts and shipping groups; become knowledgeable of and ensure compliance with control policies and trading standards
* Accounting processes; support the accounting team in the balance sheet reconciliations and research of specific accounting treatments in accordance with GAAP
* Tax; the ability to collaborate to help analyze, plan and execute commercial transactions, prepare and review tax accounting work papers for periodic compliance filings, and administer state, federal, and foreign income tax audit requests.
* Treasury; get exposure to and work thru relevant projects with the Debt Capital Markets, Risk Control, Cash Management, AR Credit/Collections and/or Insurance teams. Gain a full understanding around the way the organization is financed and managed from a liquidity/corporate finance/trading perspective.
Interns will be immersed in the day-to-day business activity while partnering directly with leaders across the organization, to create an environment that fosters learning and development. In addition to professional guidance, a variety of social and business-related activities are also available for further interaction and networking amongst peers and mentor.
Skills & Experience
Education, Experience, Skills:
* Majoring in Accounting, Finance, Risk, Economics, Business or Agriculture Business
* Proficient in Microsoft Office skills to include; Outlook, Excel, & Word
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Problem solving skills
* Organization/Time Management skills
* Strong analytical skills
* A willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.