2017 Summer Intern Program - IT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 4/13/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
As an IT Intern you will gain exposure to all areas of the IT business within Ardent Mills. You will work alongside team members who offer their own unique skills and ideas, allowing you to broaden your knowledge and capabilities. Our IT staff provides critical services to Ardent Mills and is essential for keeping us in touch with customers and colleagues around the world.
* Work in close partnership with the business to design, develop, implement and support world class services
* Works in close partnership with other IT functions (architecture, infrastructure) to ensure world class delivery of business value-driven solution
* Work in close partnership with third-party vendors and vendor-partners to ensure cost-effective business value-driven solutions
Areas of exposure may include, but are not limited to:
* Software Development; opportunities to create innovative applications and integrate large scale systems to positively impact business results
* Business System Analysis; information gathering from the business groups, involvement in system design, knowledge and support of applications and business processes, and quality assurance testing
* Application Systems Analysis; provide support the daily operations of the business through technical analysis and application support. Collaborate with other IT colleagues to develop new processes and procedures resulting in greater efficiency and value creation for the business
* Infrastructure Solutions; such as, Network, Communications, Server, Email and IT Security Analyst
Skills & Experience
Education, Experience, Skills:
* Majoring in Science, Technology or business
* Strong computer skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Problem solving skills
* Organization/Time Management skills
* Strong analytical skills
Preferred Education, Experience, Skills:
* Degree focus in Information Technology, Mathematics or Statistics
* Past experience working in an Information Technology capacity
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.