2017 Summer Intern Program - Law
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us
About Ardent Mills
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
As a Law Intern you will gain exposure to many functional areas within Ardent Mills. Projects will include exposure to a variety of business needs and issues facing our Law Team. You will work alongside team members who offer their own unique skills and ideas, allowing you to broaden your knowledge and capabilities. You will have the opportunity to enhance your business knowledge and leadership skills needed for future success.
Skills and experiences will include:
* Gain familiarity with the law and business processes in an in-house legal environment.
* Research areas of law relating to Ardent Mills business, including food law, contract law, and other areas.
* Review contracts.
* Provide other support, and work on other projects as directed by the General Counsel, Labor & Employment Counsel, and members of the law department.
Interns will be immersed in the day-to-day business activity while partnering directly with leaders across the organization, to create an environment that fosters learning and development. In addition to professional guidance, a variety of social and business-related activities are also available for further interaction and networking among peers and mentors.
Skills & Experience
Education, Experience, Skills:
* Current Law Student, preference will be given to students who Denver area Law Schools
* Preferred Undergraduate degree in business or prior experience working in a corporate environment
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Problem solving skills
* Organization/Time Management skills
* Strong analytic skills
* Strong computer skills
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.