2017 Summer Intern Program - Marketing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
As a Marketing Intern, you will have the opportunity to assist business leaders in creating long-term company value by developing and executing marketing strategies. Typical project work is centered on developing marketing strategy, data analysis, and creative development. Additionally, these roles will work with the business segments to identify growth opportunities and to support ongoing strategy development. A successful candidate will have the following attributes:
* The ability to deliver results in first-time situations by inspiring others and working to earn trust every day
* The willingness to serve others with understanding, respect, and care
* The ability to operate with simplicity, clarity and transparency
* The willingness to effectively deal with and drive change
* The ability to organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines
* The ability to learn and apply new technology, with the willingness to share knowledge with others
Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
Areas of exposure may include, but are not limited to:
* Marketing Strategy; supporting various aspects of the overall marketing strategy, such as, marketing concepts for product launch, media plans to reach target market, marketing segmentation strategy
* Data Analysis; supporting the marketing team in the analysis and evaluation of marketing efforts to fully understand effectiveness and opportunity to improve
* Creative Development; assisting in the execution of the marketing strategy by developing content, reviewing materials and execution of projects that are integral in the marketing strategy
* Customer/Consumer/Community Interaction; participating in nationwide trade show events as well as local community activities that increase brand awareness and promote portfolio offerings
Interns will be immersed in the day-to-day business activity while partnering directly with leaders across the organization, to create an environment that fosters learning and development. In addition to professional guidance, a variety of social and business-related activities are also available for further interaction and networking amongst peers and mentors.
Skills & Experience
Education, Experience, Skills:
* Majoring in Business
* Strong computer skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Problem solving skills
* Organization/Time Management skills
* Strong analytical skills
* A willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
Preferred Education, Experience, Skills:
* Degree focus in Marketing, Advertising, Management, Communications
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.