2017 Summer Intern Program - Supply Chain
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
As a Supply Chain Intern you will gain professional work experience and exposure to Customer Service, Procurement or Transportation within Ardent Mills. Interns will interact with senior business leaders; receive formal mentoring as well as experience structured job shadow overviews with a focus on continual learning in the area of Supply Chain Management which will provide first-hand involvement through real business operations to help launch your career. You will gain exposure to working with cross functional teams on process improvement projects, and will have a chance to add value by providing suggestions/ideas for process and system improvements to help streamline the organization as well as lead in the development and implementation of new business processes. A successful candidate will have the following attributes:
* The ability to deliver results in first-time situations by inspiring others and working to earn trust every day
* The willingness to serve others with understanding, respect, and care
* The ability to operate with simplicity, clarity and transparency
* The willingness to effectively deal with and drive change
* The ability to organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines
* The ability to learn and apply new technology, with the willingness to share knowledge with others
Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
Areas of exposure may include, but are not limited to:
* Customer Services; provide support to the customer service team, ensuring that customer needs and expectations are surpassed
* Procurement; provide support to the procurement team, ensuring that supplies, services and materials are available to meet business needs
* Transportation; provide support to the transportation team, ensuring that freight and transportation needs are identified and met
* Active involvement in the day to day operations of a supply chain, forecasting and managing all procurement, scheduling, transportation, and inventory plans
* Participation in collaborative meetings
* Proactively identify, address, and communicate forecast opportunities, issues, and resolution to production planning and sales teams as guided by a Supply Chain Manager
* Assist in SAP data entry, cleansing, and validation
Interns will be immersed in the day-to-day business activity while partnering directly with leaders across the organization, to create an environment that fosters learning and development. In addition to professional guidance, a variety of social and business-related activities are also available for further interaction and networking amongst peers and mentors
Skills & Experience
Education, Experience, Skills:
* Majoring in Business, Supply Chain, Transportation or Logistics
* Strong computer skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Problem solving skills
* Organization/Time Management skills
* Strong analytical skills
* A willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
Preferred Education, Experience, Skills:
* Degree focus in Agricultural Studies
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.