2017 Summer Intern Program Wheat Research and R&D
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 4/15/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
As a RQT Intern, you will gain exposure to all areas of RQT within Ardent Mills. You will work alongside team members who offer their own unique skills and ideas, allowing you to broaden your knowledge and capabilities. This position will support the development of Ardent Mills Innovation/Growth portfolios. The RQT Intern will work for 6 months, sharing time at the Commerce City mill and Innovation Center. This will entail the development and execution of scientific research; the analysis, interpretation and communication of results; and scale-up of commercial solutions with and for Ardent Mills customers. The student intern must have excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills; and be able to work independently or as part of a team across organizational boundaries within Ardent Mills.
Our RQT staff is essential for allowing us to be innovation leaders, food safety experts and delivering a superior product to our customers and consumers. A successful candidate will have the following attributes:
* The ability to deliver results in first-time situations by inspiring others and working to earn trust every day
* The willingness to serve others with understanding, respect, and care
* The ability to operate with simplicity, clarity and transparency
* The willingness to effectively deal with and drive change
* The ability to organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting and/or exceeding deadlines
* The ability to learn and apply new technology, with the willingness to share knowledge with others
Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
Areas of exposure may include, but are not limited to:
* Safety: Exhibits and rewards Safety Champion behaviors, create a safe & inclusive environment where all employees comply with Ardent Mills Food Safety and EH&S policies
* Business Alignment: works with RQT team to understands business strategy, partners with leaders to understand and drive confident collaborative relationships with customers, assist in the development of new solutions for our customers and consumers
* Innovation: Contributes to Innovation by supporting identification of customer projects, support senior researchers in the execution of scientific studies to deliver novel grain-based solutions to include testing, pilots and functional solutions. Supports planning and execution of experiments at the laboratory and the mill to develop functional solutions with clearly defined process and product specifications
* Intellectual Property: Understands and complies with corporate IP policies and procedures and provide support in the development and protection of intellectual property within project scope
* Communication: prepare & delivers oral and written communication for technical/non-technical audiences
Interns will be immersed in the day-to-day business activity while partnering directly with leaders across the organization, to create an environment that fosters learning and development. In addition to professional guidance, a variety of social and business-related activities are also available for further interaction and networking amongst peers and mentors
Skills & Experience
Education, Experience, Skills:
* Graduate Student Majoring in Chemical, Agricultural, Mechanical or Process Engineering; Cereal/Grain/Milling Science, Food Science,
* 1 year research experience
* Strong computer skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Problem solving skills
* Organization/Time Management skills
* Strong analytical skills
* A willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.