Summer 2017 Intern, Email Deployment Specialist 9/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
Job Title: 2017 Summer Intern - Email Deployment / Quality Assurance Specialist
Job Category: Internship
Location: Indianapolis, IN
About the Position:
The Quality Assurance Specialist Intern will work within the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Services team to provide quality assurance reviews, input and other support throughout the process of developing, coding and launching email campaigns and related landing pages. This role involves reviewing email campaigns and related landing pages for content and copy accuracy, rendering quality, and subscriber segmentation and delivery accuracy and communicating all inconsistencies back to the appropriate resource for correction. In addition, the Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for maintaining and continuously improving Salesforce Marketing Cloud's quality assurance documentation, automated tools, and other resources.
* Work with the customer and campaign team to understand key campaign parameters and inputs, such as subscriber audience, program frequency, degree of personalization and overall creative approach and develop an appropriate, campaign-specific testing approach
* Perform functional testing of the email (clicking links, confirming tracking data, etc.) to confirm accuracy
* Review key aspects of the email design, build and deployment processes to ensure optimal quality, including:
* Email construction and coding using a combination of manual and automated review processes
* Email editorial and creative content, including copy and visual elements
* Subscriber data import and segmentation, including dynamic content and data-driven personalization
* Deployment configuration, including subject lines, audience selection, and send date and time
* Collaborate with members of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Campaign Solutions team to create and deploy campaigns on behalf of Salesforce Marketing Cloud clients by executing tasks related to audience segmentation, email scheduling and email sending
* Conduct quality assurance reviews and other activities to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of email deployments
* Monitor the campaign post-deployment to validate completion
* Develop robust campaign documentation, including customer specific work instructions
* Prepare customer assets for hand off to other team members
* Current Sophomore pursuing studies in Computer Science, Informatics, Journalism, Marketing or related field
* Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
* Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and customer deadlines
* Strong written and verbal communication and problem solving skills with an impeccable eye for detail
* Good understanding of latest trends in processes efficiencies and methodologies
* Deep knowledge in Microsoft Office applications
* Experience working with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or related email software (i.e. ExactTarget) including testing tools such as Litmus or Return Path a plus
* Knowledge of HTML or email coding best practices a plus
FutureForce is for college students or new grads wanting to experience life at Salesforce, one of the World's Most Innovative Companies 5--years--running and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" 8-years-running. FutureForce interns work on live projects, giving them the opportunity to make a tangible impact that they can show to friends, family, and future employers --if we don't hire them first (and, we hire 80% of our eligible interns)!
They have the chance to collaborate and connect with the Salesforce interns from all over the world. And, like all Salesforce employees, interns also have many possibilities to volunteer, making a lasting impact in the community.
FutureForce offers a collaborative work environment, which fosters innovation, provides flexibility and most importantly is fun!
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.