2017 Summer Intern - Technology Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Job Title: 2017 Summer Intern - Technology Specialist
Job Category: University Recruiting - Tech
Location: Indianapolis, IN
About the Position:
The Technology Specialist intern resources are customer consultants with strong interpersonal skills and are experienced technical subject matter experts within specific domains of the Marketing Cloud applications and tools.
* Requirements gathering, definition, and delivery
* Interacts with both technical and non-technical customers to attain relevant technical and business requirements
* Analyzes information and designs solutions
* Develops visually rich and professional conceptual design documents targeted to varying audiences of business and technical aptitude
* Conducts solutions presentations and obtains customer acceptance to solution design
* Develops configuration specifications documentation targeted to technical consultants
* Ongoing solution management
* Manages customer communications, conflicts, and negotiations related to overall solutions design
* Supports documentation process by providing applicable artifacts (code samples, screenshots, etc.)
* Provides technical consultation on various aspects of solutions
* Solution build and technical project management
* Executes configuration/development activities
* Validates solutions after built
* Creates technical work packages for build execution
* Manages offshore technical resources to complete build work
* Quality management
* Reviews acceptance criteria with customers
* Develops test plans and validates test cases
* Conducts solutions testing and validation as needed
* Provides solution walkthrough with customer and guides customer through solution deployment
* Develops specialties in Marketing Cloud tools
* Serves as a technical liaison to Marketing Cloud product teams to support custom and/or atypical initiatives as well as providing ongoing feedback on product enhancements
* Currently enrolled and working towards completion of a four year undergraduate degree, preferably in Technology
* Excellent presentation skills and verbal and written communication skills with technical, non-technical, end-user, and executive audiences
* Familiarity with SDLC methodologies including requirements, design, implementation, testing and maintenance
* Experience with visualization software applications such as MS Visio
* Experience with client side web development design languages, scripting tools, and protocols such as HTTP, CSS, XSLT, AJAX, JQuery
* Experience developing SQL and experience with a RDBMS such as MySQL, Oracle, or MS SQL Server
* Foundational programming knowledge as demonstrated through experience with at least one server side programming language such as .NET, JAVA, PHP, Ruby, C#, C++, Visual Basic, Python
* Familiarity with systems integrations processes via batch transfer or API preferred
* Knowledge of API principles including SOAP and REST API protocols preferred
* Experience in the interactive marketing industry a plus
* Familiarity with security standards such as TLS, SSL, data encryption a plus
Futureforce is for college students or new grads wanting to experience life at Salesforce, one of the World's Most Innovative Companies 5--years--running and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" 8-years-running. Futureforce interns work on live projects, giving them the opportunity to make a tangible impact that they can show to friends, family, and future employers --if we don't hire them first (and, we hire 80% of our eligible interns)!
They have the chance to collaborate and connect with the Salesforce interns from all over the world. And, like all Salesforce employees, interns also have many possibilities to volunteer, making a lasting impact in the community.
Futureforce offers a collaborative work environment, which fosters innovation, provides flexibility and most importantly is fun!
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.