2017 Summer Internship Program- Product Marketing & Product Management 9/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY * THE OPPORTUNITY
Molex is seeking a dynamic and proactive Product Marketing/Management Intern for the 2017 Summer Intern Program.
* The product specialist receives interaction and guidance from the group product manager on daily tasks involving revenue, profit, cost savings, product marketing and product pricing. They also receive guidance from the group product manager on the process steps for completing the strategic direction of the product line (s).
* The product specialist works directly with the group product manager and product managers on decisions involving new product development or product derivatives
* The product specialist works independently within a global atmosphere on daily customer sales product and application questions, training and issues.
* To work with the IPG Product Managers and Molex MarCom to update the Molex website with the appropriate product documentation and information thereby ensuring customers find the necessary product information as quickly as possible. The Product Management Intern will also be involved with the Engineering Intern on a new label program that will utilize accurate product information and product trademarks and logos
THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Molex offers a rewarding 12-week long, paid internship program where you will work with teams to gain insightful real-world experience. Molex strives to provide opportunities that promote value creation and offers experiences indispensable to future career choices, job satisfaction and personal development. Throughout the Molex Summer Internship Program, you will participate in an extensive summer agenda including, but not limited to:
* Presentations from key executives
* Tours of local and non-local plants
* Networking events with Molex employees
* A final summer project
* Social events with fellow interns
* Free Fitness Center on campus
* Fun campus activities, such as: Molex Summer Olympics, Fitness Challenges, Basketball and Volleyball tournaments, and much more!
Molex brings together innovation and technology to deliver electronic solutions to customers worldwide. With a presence in more than 40 countries, Molex offers a full suite of solutions and services for many markets, including data communications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, commercial vehicle and medical. For more information, please visit www.molex.comREQUIREMENTS:
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor s degree within Engineering, Sales, Marketing or Business with a marketing focus
* On track to graduate in or before May/June 2019
This position is not eligible for work visa sponsorship.
* Computer Science coursework &/or coding experience preferred
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Must be self-motivated and goal oriented
* Organizational skills to anticipate, plan, prioritize and self-monitor workload
* The candidate must be proactive rather than reactive and must be able to demonstrate personal initiative
* Effective written and oral communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express ideas and exchange information clearly and concisely
* Interpersonal skills to effectively work with coworkers and external contacts to respond positively to situations
* Above average communication skills that demonstrate the ability to prepare and deliver concise and effective presentations to customers and Molex personnel