2017 Summer Quality Control Internship / Co-op
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY For more than 115 years, The J.M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of fruit spreads, retail packaged coffee, peanut butter, shortening and oils, ice cream toppings, sweetened condensed milk, and natural foods products in North America. Its family of brands includes Smucker's(R), Folgers(R), Dunkin' Donuts(R), Jif(R), Crisco(R), Pillsbury(R), Eagle Brand(R), R.W. Knudsen Family(R), Hungry Jack(R), Café Bustelo(R), Café Pilon(R), truRoots(R), White Lily(R) and Martha White(R) in the United States, along with Robin Hood(R), Five Roses(R), Carnation(R) and Bick's(R) in Canada. The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit www.jmsmucker.com.
Quality Control Internship / Co-op
Ripon Quality Control Manager
Provide quality control experience to an individual at the Ripon, Wisconsin Plant. Assist with project management and present on Smucker internship experience.
Plant Operations (40%)
* Adheres to company policies, procedures, GMPs, and practices
* Conducts operational inspections and completes reports for entire facility
* Contributes towards annual validation of HACCP and HACQP plans
* Revise documents as necessary while checking for accuracy and completeness
* Works closely with all levels of the organization to achieve plant goals and objectives
* Monitors processing and packaging defects
* Promotes a positive and safe work environment
Special projects (35%)
* Conducts special tests, evaluations, and projects
* Assists in identifying potential quality problems, develops and reports on improvement measures, and recommends corrective action
* Maintains quality control records
* Keeps abreast of trends and developments in the quality control field including sanitation, food technology, processing, and governmental regulations and requirements
Supports QC Lab Operation (25%)
* Performs laboratory tests as required
* Ensures laboratory is organized and maintained in a clean condition
* Inspects and grades products
* Provides up-to-date quality control records and reports
* Perform laboratory calibrations as needed
* Working towards a science-based degree
* Strong communication, analytical, and computer skills
* Self-directed and goal oriented
* Detail oriented and organized
* Ability and desire to work in a dynamic team environment
* Food processing technical knowledge
* Management and leadership skills
* Able to work flexible hours
* Must be able to lift and/or move up to 65 pounds, stand for extended periods of time, and go up and downstairs on a regular basis
If you have any questions or are interested in applying for this position, please contact:
The J. M. Smucker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.