80497 Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 12/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION**Qualified Candidate Must Be A U.S. Citizen**
For over 50 years, SCI s Defense & Aerospace Division has been a leading provider of defense and aerospace electronics design and manufacturing services. From tactical communications systems to airborne communications and information processing, we deliver high-reliability solutions that keep our first responders and war-fighters connected and protected in the field.
We are currently recruiting highly qualified candidates, whose background and career goals meet our needs, for the following position in our Huntsville, AL facility. Please note that due to our Department of Defense contract requirements, U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
Job Title: Test Engineer
Designs, develops, and implements cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting systems and sub-assemblies to the component level. Prepares test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and equipment, and completes specifications and procedures (work instructions, electronic routes) for new products. Plans the labor, schedules, and equipment required for testing and evaluating standard and special devices.
1. Must have test engineering experience with Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul programs.
2. Experience with preparing electronic work instructions and with an electronic route system is preferred.
3. Experience with test, troubleshooting and repair of avionics, communication, electro-mechanical devices and RF systems is preferred, and experience with developing better repair processes is preferred as well.
4. Experience with small quantity spares manufacturing is preferred
5. Experience as a certified FAA Repairman is a plus.
6. Must be able to work in a fast pace environment and be able to multi-task while prioritizing work.
7. Must possess strong communication skills and be able to interact effectively with multiple Program teams.
8. Must be able to work with Technicians to develop means of troubleshooting repairable items and to annotate work accomplished in FRACAS system and in Tear-Down Reports.
9. Engineering Degree is preferable
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that diversity is critical to our success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.