#1201 - Track Inspector (Maintainer)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
SEPTA has an immediate opening for an experienced Track Inspector (Maintainer).
This is not an entry level position and applicants must possess experience in all aspects of track inspection, maintenance, and renewal.
* Must direct equipment and manpower used in the repair, maintenance or renewal of track without supervision.
* Inspects an assigned area of track under traffic including switches, bridges, Culverts and highways.
* Checks gage, surface and alignment of track, including special work, compliance with SEPTA and FRA standards.
* Performs the repair, renewal and construction of track and special work, insuring compliance with SEPTA standards. Uses plans and/or drawings to lay out confirm correctness of work.
* Directs and monitors the operations of such equipment as the grinding car, geometry car, production tamper and sperry car.
* Directs and monitors the activities associated with the flash butt welding, thermit welding and cadwelding processes.
* Performs emergency repairs when required.Performs snow and ice work as required
* Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
* Must possess valid drivers license with ability to obtain Commercial Drivers License Class B.
* Must have minimum of three years experience in track work or a combination of experience in track construction and maintenance and training from a course in track maintenance and construction from a college level education program related to track maintenance.
* Must possess a current 213.7 certification for the Inspection, Maintenance and Construction of Track.
* NORAC and Roadway Worker qualified applicants a plus.
The starting salary for 1st Class Track Inspector/Maintainer in our City Division is $28.03/hour with a top rate of $31.15/hour after 1 year. Wage rates in our Railroad Division are lower.
To complement the salary, SEPTA offers an excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision coverage as well as a free employee pass on all modes of SEPTA Transportation.
SEPTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer