2018 Co-Op Structural Engineer 10/10/2017
Foth & Van Dyke
Green Bay, WI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
As the largest engineering firm headquartered in Wisconsin, Foth is a tightly-knit and diversified team of over 600 members strong. Our engineers, scientists, consultants, construction managers, and affiliated professionals work together to deliver smart solutions to our public and private clients.
Foth Production Solutions, LLC is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Structural Engineering Co-op who has a desire to contribute to our clients success and is looking for new learning experiences and opportunities for career growth. This position will be working out of our Green Bay, WI location.
Foth Production Solutions works closely with Fortune 500 companies to develop engineering-led solutions for the most complex consumer product production challenges. From small, single discipline projects to large multi-disciplined, turnkey projects, Foth s commitment to personalized, client-centered service and long-term relationships never wavers. Our clients lead a broad range of industries and they leverage our team members experiences to support projects for new product introductions or line installations, custom machine solutions for unique packaging or product making needs, or systems analysis leading to throughput and efficiency gains.
* Apply structural design and engineering fundamentals
* Perform tasks under the supervision of a lead engineer
* Develop detailed structural drawings using 2D and 3D CADD packages
* Assist with validation of software and drawing databases
* Complete an engineering-related project including the investigation, weighted review and overall evaluation of that technology or structure against current approaches in use today
All Foth Production Solutions members are expected to:
* Travel as required (domestic and/or international) for field work and/or other client/business objectives
* Demonstrate behavior consistent with Foth Basic Principles and Values
* Work collaboratively and build effective relationships with others
* Communicate effectively across all levels within organization
* Maintain a positive attitude
* Interact with clients as required
* Successful completion of 6+ semesters in an ABET accredited structural engineering program, with at least 50% core engineering coursework (transcripts must accompany resume)
* Minimum GPA of 3.0 (please indicate on resume) and currently in good-standing
* Previous experience with and/or coursework involving the following:
* Mid level 2D/3D CADD training and functionality
* Theory of and/or designing of concrete or steel structures
Foth offers an attractive compensation/benefits package, and an employment experience shaped by the preferences of our members. If you are committed to making the most of your career with a progressive, values-based firm, apply today!
Our culture is described as follows:
Values-Based: Our One Foth culture is grounded in and reflects our values.
Client-Centered: We show our clients by our actions that we care as much about their needs as they do.
Member-Owned: We have always been member-owned and we expect to always be
Influential: Leadership is established through a member s ability to influence and create followship with other members.
Inclusive: We think and behave inclusively. We are stronger together.
Continuously Learning: We invest in our members growth through professional career development.
Innovative: We are entrepreneurial and innovative in what we do and in how we get it done.
Caring: We genuinely care for our clients, our members, and our communities.
Relationship-Building: We show our commitment to building and maintaining world-class relationships.
Collaborative: We collaborate effectively. We celebrate our achievements as a team!
Results-Focused: Our performance-based culture rewards and recognizes extraordinary contributions of teams and individuals.
Flexible: Foth s culture allows our members to maintain a positive work-life balance while meeting commitments to our clients and team members.
Safety-Minded: We believe that no job is so important and no work is so urgent that we cannot take time to perform our work safely.
Quality-Oriented: Our members deliver work products that meet or exceed expectations.
Transparent: We are open and honest with our communications.
Process-Driven: We follow the process or cause it to be changed in a proactive and constructive manner.
Strategic: We are deliberate in how we set direction and make decisions; we think and act with the end in mind.
Ethical: We do the right thing at all times.
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.