Sr. Project Manager - Municipal Infrastructure
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 2/1/2018
O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
Hunt Valley, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONOBG (www.OBG.com), also known as O Brien & Gere, is committed to creating a better future by making a difference each day. Advanced Manufacturing. Energy. Environment. Water. For more than 70 years, OBG has specialized in engineering and problem solving, but the Company s greatest strength is creating comprehensive, integrated solutions for our clients. OBG There s a way.
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (MUNICIPAL INFRASTRUCTURE FOCUS)
OBG is currently seeking a Senior Project for our Mid-Atlantic region. This Senior Project Manager position is for a person who has demonstrated the ability to manage people and projects. In addition, expectations are that the individual in this position will contribute to the sustainable financial growth of OBG and develop followership, lead high performance teams, resolve conflict, negotiate positive outcomes, mentor future leaders and empower employees.
This position has the potential for enhanced career growth opportunities by providing consistent strong leadership and performance for client satisfaction, employee satisfaction and sustainable financial growth.
This position is for the Mid-Atlantic region within our Water Brand, in one of the following office locations Bowie, MD, Hunt Valley, MD, Richmond, VA, or Virginia Beach, VA.
* Municipal client contact and strategic plan implementation related to technical advice, planning, design, permitting and construction phase services for water distribution and transmission, and wastewater collection and conveyance engineering projects.
* Fiscal responsibility for respective projects and staff.
* Assumes an active role in the selection of the project team, prepares and administers project budgets & schedules for projects under supervision.
* Delegating and mentoring technical and administrative responsibilities to engineers, designers and drafters on major and complex projects.
* Responsible for quality reviews of infrastructure design and rehabilitation projects.
* Assume a primary role in client contract activities including leadership for key clients.
* Business development proposal creation, project estimating, project planning and execution, quality reviews.
* Responsible for generating repeat business with existing clients as well as developing new clients.
* Client management/development within the municipal market.
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Thorough knowledge of water / sewer system hydraulics, collection, conveyance and storage issues.
* Experience with I/I studies, sewer system evaluation surveys, and pipeline rehabilitation methodologies.
* Experience in successful project management of the evaluation, design and rehabilitation design of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure projects (15 to 20 years desired; demonstrated expertise expected).
* Contract document preparation and construction services experience.
* Strong communication and personnel development skills with experience managing and mentoring people in managing, engineering and design positions or roles.
* Experience in client management with a demonstrated successful track record in exceptional client services.
* Business development experience essential.
* B.S. Civil/Sanitary or Environmental Engineering
* Professional Engineering license required with ability to obtain multiple licenses through reciprocity.
* Active participation in Water and/or Wastewater related organizations or associations.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
O'Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer