2018 Summer Engineering Internship - Mechanical
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 1/9/2018
HOK Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
The Gulf Coast Region of HOK is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineering Student Intern to join our team. As a Student Intern, you will be responsible for performing basic design tasks by applying standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to assigned tasks. Upload your resume as a pdf file for consideration of this position.
* Performs elementary engineering assignments and works from designs of others.
* Develops, modifies and/or reviews drawings.
* Organizes and maintains documents for specific projects.
* Works closely with project team and assists to complete projects on aggressive schedules.
* Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
* Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
* Basic knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
* Basic knowledge of building regulations and safety codes.
* Basic knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, and drawings.
* Basic proficiency in Revit Structure and AutoCAD preferred.
* Basic proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
* Basic knowledge about sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines preferred.
* Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to work in team environment.
* Currently enrolled in Engineering or other related degree program.
* Previous internship with an engineering or architectural design firm preferred.
HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Houston, Texas, United States
HOK is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer