Systems Administrator - Windows/Linux - Mid 9/16/2017
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC
China Lake, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Systems Administrator - Windows/Linux - Mid
Job number: 1729
Location: China Lake, CA
Position Type: Full-Time
Trowbridge & Trowbridge is looking for a mid-level Systems Administrator to support customers at NAWCWD China Lake, CA. Candidate must be able to demonstrate proficiency in Windows 7, Windows 10, and Linux operating systems.
Provide Technical assistance in the test, installation, scanning, hardening, patching and modernization of RDTE lab customer PC systems. Tasks performed will include maintenance and teardown for various PC systems, systems test, systems patching, and systems scanning.
* Plan, coordinate, and install applications software and hardware for desktop operating systems.
* Interpret and implement DoD DON IT security policy and compliance measures.
* Install, operate, and maintain DoD standard security toolsets (ACAS, HBSS, etc.).
* Implement appropriate STIGS, IAVA/B/M patch management, and work with ISSE and user community to either remediate or mitigate vulnerabilities.
* Interface with IA support staff on matters of information assurance to support and maintain Certification and Accreditation (C&A) efforts.
* Troubleshoot hardware and software issues and interface with vendor and other technical support representatives as needed.
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Install software, apply patches, manage file systems, create users and groups, review log files, diagnose and solve permission issues, monitor performance, and troubleshoot alerts from DoD, commercial, opens source, and local monitoring tools.
* Minimum 4-5 years of computer systems, server operation and PC modernization skills that include experience in working through a variety of nonstandard computer and server problems.
* Working knowledge of Win 7/10, and Linux operating systems.
* Ability to do hardware upgrades and software patches on workstations and servers.
* Knowledge of and ability to work with a variety of backup solutions and audit logs.
* Familiarity with major PC software packages and experience with installing software and willing to learn other software packages.
* Experience with workstations, development, system security, servers, and networking in Linux, and Windows environment.
* Experience in writing scripts also desired.
* Ability to perform efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment is essential.
Education and/or Certifications:
* Bachelor s Degree in a computer or technical discipline. Substitution Two (2) years of college work in a computer or technical discipline and Three (3) years of directly related experience, or any equivalent combination of relevant education may be considered in lieu of Bachelor s degree.
* OS and Security+ due within 60 days of hire required.
* Compliance with DoD 8570/8140 is required.
* U.S. Citizenship required.
* Current active or interim security clearance.
* Work hours are on base Flex Schedule:
* 44/36 hour alternating weeks (9-hour work days Mon-Thurs, 8-hours for working Fridays).
* Every other Friday is a non-work day. Typical day is 7am-5pm with one hour for lunch.
* Attire is desert casual. Long pants, enclosed shoes, button or polo style shirt.
* Relocation assistance may be provided for the right candidate.
TROWBRIDGE & TROWBRIDGE, LLC is an award-winning, fast-growing mid-tier service provider of cloud, cyber, applications and IT modernization solutions to Defense and Federal civilian markets. At the core of everything we do is a commitment to quality and a results-oriented corporate culture founded on integrity, empowerment and teamwork that drives mission success for our customers.
At T&T we believe in investing in our employees. T&T provides competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including health insurance coverage, 401 (k) Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and holiday and birthday recognition programs.
Please visit www.tt-llc.com for more information.
Trowbridge & Trowbridge, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We are an eVerify participating employer.