2018 User Conference Student Assistantship
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 4/10/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job
What's cool about being an Esri User Conference student assistant* Well first, you get a behind-the-scenes look at the many different components that make up the UC.
Students help Esri staff with attendee registration, technical session monitoring, conference logistics, and the Esri Store. Second, during your time off you can attend sessions and social events, learn about the growing diversity of Esri's products and the latest GIS trends, and explore beautiful San Diego!
What\'s in it for you*
* Full registration to the Esri User Conference
* Hotel accommodations
* Per diem allowance for meals (you only pay for your travel and personal expenses)
* The latest updates in GIS technology
* A chance to surround yourself with like-minded GIS users/professionals
* Professional connections that may potentially lead to career opportunities in GIS
Student assistantships are open to graduate students and fourth-year undergraduate students who are also
* Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
* Familiar with GIS software and geospatial applications
* Available to arrive in San Diego Friday, July 6, 2018 and work through Friday, July 13, 2018
To be considered, your application must include:
* A cover letter detailing your academic interest in GIS and what you hope to gain from this experience.
* A phone number and e-mail address where you can be contacted through July 2018. Please be sure this information is on your r sum .
* One letter of reference, preferably from a professor. You may submit it with your application; however, we suggest having it e-mailed directly to email@example.com.
Applications must be submitted by April 6, 2018
Selected students will be notified by April 20, 2018
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.