A Class Electrician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY REPORTS TO: Electrical Production Supervisor
DIRECTS: Trades Assistants, Trainees and Apprentices
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Competent in marine electrical installation.
* Experienced with good quality level of termination skills.
* Experienced with good level of commissioned skills.
* Ability to work from detailed Electrical and Mechanical drawings and instructions.
* Works with a sense of urgency, efficiency and productive out put.
* Assist in the provision of on the job training in conjunction with Supervisors.
* Maintains safe work practices and adheres to safety policies and procedures.
* Ability to meet goals.
* Enhance and encourage skill development of all staff .
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and be responsible for assuring the quality of the employee's own work.
* Must keep impeccable time keeping and absentee records.
* Ability to provide constructive feedback to appropriate Supervisor/Foreman/manager
* Ability to plan and set time frames on jobs with accuracy.
* Actively plan and implement production improvements.
* Ensure correct construction procedures are adhered to in compliance with Austal standards.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Ability to work overtime as required.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
* Three (3) years of experience in AC/DC installations required
* Proficient with electrical systems including but not limited to machinery shutdown / navigational communications / internal communications / PLC Systems.
* Experienced level of termination skills of AC/DC and control systems.
* Sound knowledge in the installation of cabling systems to meet marine class society, Navy and Coast Guard regulations.
* Interpretations of electrical schematics and documentation.
* Formal Electrical training through an apprenticeship or comparable program is preferred
* Shipbuilding experience is preferred
* Knowledge of commissioning AC/DC and control systems is preferred
* High School Diploma/GED equivalent required or two years maritime experience
* Ability to demonstrate a high level of competency in the use of all trade related power tools, testing equipment.
* Able to train workforce on safe use of all power and hand tools and testing equipment.
* Supply own trade tools to be able to maintain productive output and perform 1 st class electrical duties.
In conjunction with the Supervisor shall assist in training, assistants and Apprentices on own crew.
Adheres to schedule and meets goals as set by Supervisor while maintaining productive output.
Liaise with other crafts as required by Supervisor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to tour all vessels and work sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
Specific physical requirements include the following:
1 Must have the ability to bend, squat, stoop, crawl, and kneel.
2 Perform prolonged standing.
3 Ability to turn head from side to side and about the vertical axis.
4 Ability to turn body at the waist from side to side and about the vertical axis.
5 Lift/push/pull 50lbs to 75lbs on an occasional basis.
6 Lift/push/pull up to 20lbs on a frequent basis.
7 Must have the ability to climb in a safe manner (climbing as a minimum includes stairs, scaffolding, ladders, and ramps).
8 Ability to work at heights above 12' while working from ladders, scaffolding and/or man lifts.
9 Able to work at a variety of levels (ex. waist, eye, overhead).
10 Demonstrate the ability to safely and appropriately use required tools and equipment.
11 Demonstrate good balance while working on uneven surfaces and maneuvering obstacles.
12 Possess sufficient handgrip and coordination to carry and operate tools and equipment.
13 Ability to utilize personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toes shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.) safely per OSHA standards.
14 Ability to withstand cold and hot temperatures.
15 Ability to enter 18 x 36 openings and work in confined spaces for prolonged periods of time.
16 Able to respond to verbal and audible sounds/commands.
17 Able to utilize adequate visual skills.
18 Ability to fully extend the arm while reaching overhead, reaching out, reaching to the side and reaching down.
19 Ability to perceive attributes of an object/material such as size, shape, temperature and texture by means of receptors in the hands and fingers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters whole performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, outside weather conditions, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and heat and cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Must comply with company, federal, state, and local safety and environmental rules and regulations while performing daily job tasks.
* Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility guidelines to be considered for employment with Austal USA:
* 18 years of age or older at time of application.
* Able to provide proof of US Person Status
* No felony convictions of Theft/Deception or Violent crimes within seven years from disposition date
* No felony convictions of Drug crimes within three years from disposition date
* Willing to submit to a drug screen
* Willing to submit to a background check