A / P Accountant and Payroll Administrator
This person would report to Accounting. We use GreatPlains, Concur, and ADP. Must be able to handle sensitive communication. Below is the JD.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the A/P and Payroll Administrator's primary role is processing accounts payable and payroll. Administers all phases of payroll and expenses. The position will also participate in daily accounting, internal control and reporting functions. This role will actively contribute to the growth and development of the finance team and the establishment, creation and implementation of new processes, procedures and internal control initiatives. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, enjoy a challenge and work well under pressure, both collaboratively and independently.
_The statements made below are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with the job, and should not be construed as such._
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Process A/P and ensure invoices are entered timely and accurately into Great Plains
2. Process weekly check runs and ACH payments
3. Assist with cash management and maintain a rolling 14-week cash flow forecast
4. Assist with monthly close procedures, including the accrual for A/P, corporate credit cards, and travel-related expenses
5. Maintain key areas of the monthly financial close to ensure timely and accurate reporting on financial results
6. Prepare account analyses and reconciliations, prepare journal entries and supporting detail, and maintain the financial database
7. Assist with completion of year-end audit, schedule requests and coordination with auditors
8. Assist with the implementation of new accounting software
9. Assist with the establishment, documentation and continuous improvement of all financial processes, workflows and schedules
10. Administer and provide support to supervisors and employees for time and attendance and time off
11. Administers electronic payroll data such as hours worked, taxes, insurance, and deductions to be withheld.
12. Manages payroll process. Ensures expenses are uploaded, reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll. Makes 401K, HSA and flex contributions once payroll has been completed.
13. Administrator for the Concur expense program. Reviews and approves employee expenses. Help employees troubleshoot problems.
14. Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
15. Conduct ad hoc projects as necessary
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Strong analytical and accounting skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal team skills
Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks
Ability to communicate within a team
Thorough knowledge and understanding of basic accounting principles
Time management skills
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION:
* Associates Degree in Accounting
* 1+ years' experience in payroll and accounting
* Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
* Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS PowerPoint
* Intermediate knowledge of Great Plains
* Intermediate knowledge of Concur Travel, Expense, and Invoice a plus