A/P Associate, Alpharetta, GA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Hagemeyer North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Vallen, a Sonepar company, is a distributor of products and services focusing on business-to-business markets in electrical materials, safety products, and industrial products.
Hagemeyer/IDG sites are conveniently located to serve local markets throughout the United States. Our strength lies in the ability to serve local customers through the relationships forged by our associates.
Our global reach allows us to provide our global customers with custom-tailored solutions. As a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, part of the global Sonepar family, Hagemeyer/IDG works with Sonepar companies around the world to ensure superior service when and where our customers need it.
We are seeking an Accounts Payable Associate position at our Alpharetta, GA location. The A/P Associate will perform moderate to complex duties in the Accounts Payable Department to establish and maintain good vendor relationships for all vendors of Hagemeyer North America by following Standard Operation Procedures as established by Hagemeyer North America and performing some or all of the following tasks:
* Prepare vendor invoices for payment by obtaining proper approval.
* Reconcile invoice amount and quantity with purchase order and receiver
* Initiate nonconformance s for invoices unable to process for payment
* Resolve vendor and buyer discrepancies. Provide guidance and assistance to research and resolve issues.
* Resolve and respond to nonconformance issues, vendor/field calls and correspondence with customer service timing guidelines
* Code, reconcile and research vendor invoices for expense and inventory related items
* Process credits, debits, and reconcile statements etc.
* Research and correct Credit Hold situations
* Maintain filing required record retention
* Initiate request for manual, voids or stop payments
* Set Up and maintain vendor information for each legacy system
* Maintain W-9 vendor information
* Provide 1099 support, if applicable
* Reconcile receipts on the RBNI reports against payments for accuracy of open receipts
* Ensure AP debits are entered for each return upon shipment of the material to the vendor
* Reconcile each return vendor credit memo to resolution
Hagemeyer/IDG is a drug free workplace.
All offers are contingent upon an acceptable credit report check and criminal background check.
* 2+ years A/P experience desired.
* Strong MS Excel (i.e. able to perform vLookups, Pivot Tables) desired
Degree in Accounting, Finance or related is a plus
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong analytical skills highly desired.
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a definitive career path.