A/P Specialist / Administrative Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
Marina Del Rey, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
A/P Specialist / Administrative Assistant
Auto Req ID
The Accounts Payable Specialist (A/P Specialist) will be responsible for accounts payable activities in a high volume, multi-system, energized environment. The A/P Specialist s main responsibility will be to enter invoices in order to ensure day-to-day payment obligations are met in a timely and consistent manner. The A/P specialist must be able to interact effectively with the Facility Managers, Project Managers, Accounting/Finance staff, and vendors on a daily basis.
GENERAL ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
* Process various types of accounts payable transactions including accurate data entry of vendor invoices, expense reports, manual and emergency check requests, wires etc.
* Process daily and weekly A/P for multiple sites and vendors insuring all deadlines are met in high volume environment.
* Understand and comply with A/P policies and procedures
* Monitor and enforce compliance by employees involved in the A/P process.
* Gather group s processing metrics on a daily basis.
* Ensure that each transaction processed has appropriate approval prior to processing
* Correspond with suppliers and respond to inquiries.
* Assist site team, client and vendors with A/P issues or questions as they arise.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High School Diploma or GED
* College degree with accounting coursework, preferred
* Administrative property management experience a plus.
* 2+ years of accounting experience in a corporate environment; commercial real estate experience, preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Demonstrated experience interacting with vendors and communicating invoice requirements.
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel (experience with Access a plus)
* Experience with Yardi platforms a plus.
* Robust 10 key skills with attention to detail
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS / CONDITIONS
* Sedentary work.
* Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
* Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/pages/careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 43176BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.