A/R Resolution Specialist 9/2/2016
MRC Global Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title
A/R RESOLUTION SPECIALIST
About the Organization
MRC Global is the largest global distributor, based on sales, of pipe, valves, and fittings (PVF) and related products and services to the energy industry and supplies these products and services across each of the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors.
Reduce the account receivable balances of designated accounts by working with customers, branches, and national account personnel to collect outstanding amounts, assist in the resolution of issues in accounting and billing processes which may affect customer payments, and root cause problem resolution.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities (not all inclusive)
* Using periodic aging data as a guide, research issues which may be contributing to problems in collection of amounts outstanding.
* Gain understanding of customers accounting systems and procedures to modify the transfer of data to meet customers payables requirements.
* Using bi-weekly priority collection list, monthly aging, and follow-up comments, make collection calls to those non-national account customers who are delinquent. Arrange and follow-up payment schedules, or work with customers and branches to resolve issues preventing payment.
* Set up new customer accounts based on appropriate credit review process, and periodically review and re-evaluate credit for existing customers. Maintain permanent credit file information.
* Review daily payment discrepancy notices, forwarding to customer or branch as appropriate. Work with customer and/or branch for solution through clearing of discrepancy from customers account using interpersonal communication and research of transaction through SIMS and other MRC systems.
* Other departmental duties or projects as assigned.
* Take reasonable care for the safety and health of yourself and others; report workplace hazards, injuries, or illness immediately.
Education, Experience & Requirements
* Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance or equivalent combination of education and work experience that provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work;
* Experience in process evaluation, problem resolution, or comparable experience necessary.
* Ability to contribute to the quality process by learning new procedures and functions within the department as needed.
* Good accounting and business math skills needed to accurately understand customer Accounts Payable data.
* Strong working knowledge of MS Office, with emphasis in Excel; ability to learn SIMS and other web based applications.
* Strong organizational, prioritizing skills, and customer service skills.
* Ability to establish excellent rapport with customers, sales representatives, branch management, and other corporate employees using written correspondence, proper phone etiquette, and other effective interpersonal skills.
* Experience in 3rd party vendor sites, such as but not limited to: SAP, ADP, Ariba, Oildex or Cortex would be a plus.
* Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status;
* Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently in order to communicate with others, understand and interpret safety instructions, and to respond to inquiries;
* Ability to understand and comply with MRC guidelines and expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines.
For position-specific details regarding the phsical and mental demands and working condidtions, contact Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.
Accounting & Finance
835 Hillcrest Drive
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://MRCGlobal.appone.com