A - V Events Production / Technical Director
EVENT PRODUCTION MANAGER---CHICAGO AREA
EVENT PRODUCTION MANAGER
If you have Event production "in your blood", have at least 5 years experience in the Event/Business Meetings Production area---and really want to advance your career---this opportunity is made to order for you. Our company is staffed with Event professionals, with good clients who depend on us to produce outstanding experiential events creatively---the ones that produce real results. Read more to find out how we work---and the person we are looking for. This persion could be YOU!
The Event Production Manager/Technical Director will work with our clients to develop, lead and manage high quality experiential programs. This person's role is to work in a team fashion directly with clients to assess needs and objectives of the event, consult and lead creative and technical design of the event space, ensure continuity of elements (e.g., scenic, graphics, print elements), determine staffing and production needs before and during the meeting, develop budget and production schedule and ensure and oversee successful delivery on all elements at the meeting or event. The person must be self-motivated, an effective communicator and be willing to take on additional responsibilities with resourcefulness when confronted with changes and unforeseen challenges. Interpersonal skills, professional appearance and a high degree of professionalism are a must.
ADVERTISING AGENCY CREATIVE/A-V PRODUCTION A BIG PLUS.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Create memorable experiences using strategy and creativity with production and technology for optimal audience experience.
* Collaborate with clients to successfully devise and deliver event production and technology solutions according to expectations, budget and timeline.
* Develop requirements, budgets and schedules for projects and assume the leadership role as an on-site Technical Director and project liaison.
* Collaborate with environmental designers to create design concepts that meet client objectives and budget.
* Manage pre-event, on-site and post-event client relations, providing superior service and a high level of satisfaction to our clients from start to finish.
* Responsible for sharing information and providing clear direction to team members, suppliers and all on-site staff (production personnel) before, during and after execution of
the meeting or event.
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
* Build, develop, and grow vendor relationships vital to the success of the technical and production needs.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of a BA/BSdegree in Theater, Arts/Media Management or equivalent experience.
* 5+ years of direct audio/video and or lighting experience
* 5+ years of client-facing event production management experience
* 3+ years project management experience
* Proven success in working both independently and collaboratively with client and vendor partners.
ADVERTISING AGENCY CREATIVE/PRODUCTION EXPERIENCE A BIG PLUS.
* Assumes an entrepreneurial role with our corporate clients and seeks out new business opportunities.
* Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
* Impeccable organizational skills, grace under pressure, reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies in relevant situations.
* Ability to travel for client projects.
* Resourceful, creative and motivated.
WE OFFER A TOP SALARY AND ONE OF THE BEST BENEFIT PACKAGES IN THE BUSINESS. Interviewing has begun. Complete confidentaility. Send us your resume now