ACADEMIC ADVISOR UNIT 1
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
Loyola University Of Chicago
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSTING DETAILS
ACADEMIC ADVISOR UNIT 1
Department / School / College
Is this partially or fully grant funded*
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists students in developing a meaningful academic and co-curricular plan within the Jesuit tradition.
- Teaches several sections of the freshmen seminar (including Learning Communities sections).
- Presents academic workshops on various topics, such as registration, campus resources, software usage, degree requirements and learning strategies.
- Advises students via phone, e-mail, walk-in and scheduled appointments.
- Maintains accurate records using various software.
- Develops advising resources promoting student success and retention in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicates degree requirements, academic policies (including FERPA) to students, parents and faculty.
- Assists incoming first year and transfer students through orientation programming.
- Performs related duties as required.
Minimum Education or Experience
A Master's Degree in higher education, counseling or related field and two years of related work experience required; combination of comparable work and education experiences may be considered.
Certificates, credentials or licenses required to perform the duties of this position:
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to multicultural awareness and understanding.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to help students develop an appreciation for the undergraduate CORE curriculum and an understanding of the Jesuit approach to education.
- Must be able to work some evening and weekend hours.
- Previous teaching experience is preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Does this job involve significant physical strain or activity*
What unusual working conditions are associated with this job*
Rogers Park-Lake Shore
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Candidates Eligible to Apply*
Application Types Accepted
University Staff Application
Required Applicant Documents
Optional Applicant Documents
Special Instructions to Applicants
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion (except where religion is a bona fide occupational qualification for the job), national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
Quicklink for Posting
Loyola University Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled