ACCESS SERVICE REP
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
A day in the life of an Access Service Representative at Meridian includes:
* Discussing relevant information with patients, caregivers, family members and through informal interviewing, gathering the appropriate data necessary for accurate and complete records
* Inputting patient demographics and other relevant data into hospital information systems accurately and comprehensively
* Navigating multiple systems simultaneously while maintaining detailed, thorough and error-free data entries
* Supporting the accuracy of a patient s lifetime clinical record and financial data to ensure timely and successful reimbursement
* Educating patients while assisting them in navigating health-care forms, policies and procedures
The Access Service Representative is responsible for providing assistance and guidance to patients/customers in need of general department information.
S/he provides clerical and telephone support to the department and performs computer input of records.
S/he assists customers in interpreting financial/insurance data and in the completion of appropriate forms and/or paperwork.
This position reports to the emergency department.
* High School diploma or equivalent is required
* Some college and/or medical terminology education is strongly preferred
* Previous experience and knowledge of ICD, CPT and medical coding is preferred
* Previous experience within health-care registration and/or scheduling is preferred
* Previous retail, hospitality and/or customer service industry experience is preferred
* Strong computer skills and the ability to navigate multiple systems simultaneously with complete accuracy of data entries are required
* Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) is preferred
* Proficiency with insurance eligibility/authorization systems is preferred
* The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients, their families and their caregivers, an acute attention to detail, an exceptional focus on teamwork, and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of service based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.