ACCESS SERVICE REP
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Discussing relevant information with patients, caregivers, family member and through informal interviewing gathering the appropriate data necessary for accurate and complete records. Inputting patient demographics and other relevant data into hospital information systems accurately and comprehensively.
* Navigating Multiple and interpreting financial and insurance information along the way. This role will allow you to apply you skills and competencies while building our career within New Jersey premier health - care system
* Supporting the accuracy of a patient's lifetime clinical record and financial data to ensure timely and successful reimbursement.
* Review oncology schedules to initiate and complete authorization requirements.
* Coordinate peer to peer calls with physicians to determine medical necessity for authorization approval.
* Review charges and treatments to insure all services are covered under the authorization.
* Charge reconciliation.
* Updates authorizations to include any add- on testing or change in plan of care.
* Reviews patient's benefit plan for out of pocket expenses and estimate patient financial responsibility.
* Must be able to travel for coverage at all sites.
* High school diploma or equivalent is required.
* Previous experience and knowledge of ICD, CPT and medical coding
* Previous experience with health care registration and scheduling
* Retail/Hospital and or customer service industry experience
* Strong Computer skills and the ability to navigate multiple systems simultaneously with complete accuracy of data entries are required.
* Proficient with MS office (word,excel,outlook) is preferred
* The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients, their families, and their caregivers.
* Acute attention to detail, an exceptional focus on teamwork, and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of service based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.