ACCOUNTANT - SENIOR TAX - US
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Stewart & Stevenson LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
Primary role in fulfilling state and local sales and use tax function of a multi-state industrial equipment manufacturer, supplier and service provider.
* Prepare monthly sales and use tax returns and check requests using Vertex tax returns software.
* Assist in handling state and local sales and use tax audits.
* Organize and maintain exemption documentation using Vertex exemption manager software.
* Generate required journal entries and reconcile tax liability with general ledger accounts.
* Conduct tax research as needed using CCH tax research software.
* Prepare correspondence in response to a wide range of state and local taxing authorities.
* Handle other tax projects as they arise.
* Communicate with various S&S departments to gather relevant information.
* Serve as a tax information source within the company.
* Retain required level of technical knowledge and keep abreast of current developments in the tax area.
Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) in accounting, finance or a related field.
Tax Masters or CPA a plus.
* Five to ten years sales and use tax experience public accounting experience a plus.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and governmental regulations.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
* Ability to work with accounting concepts and apply these concepts to practical business situations.
* Ability to work independently, accurately and thoroughly with minimal supervision.
* Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
* Ability to make critical decisions and take care of customer needs while following company procedures.
* Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals, to be truthful and seen as credible in the workplace.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and Outlook. Access a plus.
* Prior experience with Vertex Sales & Use Tax Returns software and Q/O Series programs preferred.
* Prior experience with JD Edwards ERP preferred.
* Knowledge of property tax processing a plus.
Certificates & Licenses
Additional Qualifications Preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.