ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Accounts Payable Specialist
* Process invoices and payment requests using an automated system.
* Prepare batches of input for processing into accounts payable and reconcile once entered.
* Match supporting documentation to checks issued and file appropriately.
* Research documents related to accounts payable.
* Analyze vendor statements to ensure accounts are current.
* Communicate with other departments and vendors, along with maintaining relations with Materials Management in order to obtain information and/or documents needed for processing accounts payable.
* Process incoming mail.
* Maintain accurate vendor information in the system.
* Cross train with other Accounts Payable Clerks in order to be familiar with vendor activity in other parts of the alphabet.
* Prepare and upload invoices into Lawson.
* Handle special assignments and other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Two years of accounts payable experience required
* Must be able to read, write, and speak English proficiently
* Demonstrated proficiency in Excel, typing and 10-key
*** If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will receive an email invitation to schedule your interview for this position. Please continue to check your email after you have submitted your complete application online.
To check the status of your application, please login to the Careers page and select the Application History tab ***
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.