ADJUNCT NURSE EDUCATOR
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 1/18/2017
Yale New Haven Health
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
A professional nurse educator who selects, plans, instructs and guides varied learning experiences in the clinical and classroom lab settings. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
\\"Come Grow With Us\\"
* 1. Responsible for creating an environment in the laboratory, and clinical settings that facilitates student learning and the achievement of desired cognitive, affective, and psychomotor outcomes.
* 1.1 Implements a variety of teaching strategies appropriate to learner needs, desired learner outcomes, and promotes innovative practices in the laboratory/clinical educational environments.
* 2. Responsible for assessing and assisting students develop as nurses and integrates the values and behaviors expected of those who fulfill that role.
* 2.1 Identifies individual learning styles and unique learning needs and provides resources to diverse learners that help meet their individual learning needs.
* 3. Knowledgeable about the clinical environment within which they practice and maintains expertise in their area of specialty.
* 3.1 Participates in professional development opportunities that increase one's effectiveness in the role.
A minimum of a Masters degree in Nursing.
Minimum of 3 years experience in acute care setting. Some teaching experience in nursing preferred. Med Surg experience required. Pedi experience a plus.
Current CT RN License. Certification in area of specialty a plus.
Demonstrated clinical knowledge and experience with leadership abilities such as excellent written and communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, sit, and walk. The employee must frequently stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus are also necessary. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Incumbents as well as external internal applicants who become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without the assistance of reasonable accommodation as determined on a case by case basis.