ADMIN ASST TO DIRECTOR
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. Many times, these are the first people that our customers come in contact with, or are the people that our customers rely on to provide directions, medical or financial assistance or confide in for personal needs. As such we value your knowledge and interaction with the customer that enhances their overall experience at our hospital, and makes this a great place to work. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for an Administrative Assistant to a Director.
* Controls activities, schedules and calendars of assigned personnel.
* Coordinates gathering of information and preparation of materials necessary for various appointments, meetings, trips, etc.
* Assists with various organization and departmental activities and preparation of statistical reports as directed.
* Establishes and maintains files.
* Functions as department timekeeper.
* High school diploma or GED required; Associate's degree in Business is preferred.
* 3-5 years of executive secretarial experience.
* Must be prepared to interact with patients/families making a complaint or grievance, and sudden requests for information.
If scheduled for an interview, the candidate will be required to complete assessments on Microsoft Office, office grammar and spelling.
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.