ADMIN ASST TO PHYSICIAN
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for an Administrative Assistant to Physician
* Answers and screens incoming telephone calls, determining appropriate routing, transcribes messages with accurate detail.
* As delegated by the Physician - may manage projects such as office moves, policy compilation, and event planning. Handles duties related to continuing education programs, registration, schedules, materials preparation for meetings and notifying meeting participants
* As delegated by the Physician may represent department management for communicating information to hospital executive team, vendors, physicians, staff, and community agencies
* Assists with the coordination of payroll, acting as a backup for the KRONOS managers.
* Composes correspondence, memos, and reports: types and proofs materials; edits, collates, assembles, and distributes documentation as needed. Prepares reports, activities calendars, mass mailings (i.e., letters and memos for staff).
* Creates information database products to support Management as requested.
* Demonstrates competencies in computer programs such as: Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint, email, intra/internet programs.
* Maintains patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA regulations at all times
* Prioritizes correspondence, memos, reports, internal signature files and appointments; coordinates and schedules meetings, appointments, and conferences.
* Reviews, classifies, and files correspondence, documents, and materials in main filing system; secures confidential file system dealing with sensitive documentation.
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Bachelor's Degree or Technical/Professional training/degree in Business School Training preferred
* Minimum of 3 years broad administrative/secretarial experience required
* Ability to understand, speak, read and write English
* Must have excellent telephone skills, verbal and written skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access required; Microsoft Project Manager preferred
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.