ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER (179)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
RECEIVING GENERAL DIRECTION FROM THE DIRECTOR OF THE MGH WEIGHT CENTER AND THE LEADERSHIP OF THE MGH DIGESTIVE HEALTH CENTER (DHC) PROVIDES ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT FOR PATIENT CARE AND ADMINISTRATIVE ACTIVITIES OF THE WEIGHT CENTER AND MANAGES THE OPERATIONAL ASPECTS OF AN AMBULATORY CARE PRACTICE. WORKS WITH PROFESSIONAL STAFF, REGISTERED DIETITIANS, AND OTHER STAFF MEMBERS TO ENSURE A QUALITY-BASED, PATIENT, FAMILY AND CUSTOMER-ORIENTED FLOW OF WORK. DRAWING ON A BROAD UNDERSTANDING OF HOSPITAL AND MGPO PRACTICES AND POLICIES, AND DISPLAYING A HIGH DEGREE OF INITIATIVE AND INDEPENDENT JUDGMENT, THE INCUMBENT WILL CONTINUALLY ASSESS AND DIRECT A WIDE RANGE OF PRACTICE ISSUES, INCLUDING PERSONNEL AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT, FACILITIES AND SYSTEMS ISSUES, AND PROJECT DEVELOPMENT, AND SERVING AS A WEIGHT CENTER REPRESENTATIVE ON MGH COMMITTEES. REQUIRES DISCRETION AND JUDGMENT TO ORGANIZE PRIORITIES, COMPLETE TASKS AND HANDLE CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS ADVANCED SKILLS IN MICROSOFT APPLICATIONS.
The MGH Weight Center is a joint program of the MGH Departments of Medicine and Surgery. As such, a key component of the Administrative Managers responsibility will be to serve as a liaison between the leadership of the two departments.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
I. GROUP PRACTICE/RESEARCH ADMINISTRATION
Manages Day-to-Day Division Operations
* Scope of coverage for the following includes MGH Weight Center as well as satellite activity at Danvers and expansion to MGH West.
* Assists Weight Center Director and Clinical AD of GI, and the Sr. AD of Surgery in establishing divisional policies and procedures. Evaluates, initiates, and implements various divisional systems and procedures and revises them as necessary to maximize efficiency.
* Provides operational, administrative and analytical assistance to the staff of the Weight Center, including implementation of systems/methods for continuous operations improvement and revenue enhancement.
* Serves as the Weight Center resource and expert on insurance issues for bariatric patients.
* Participates in weekly patient care team meetings with Weight Center providers.
* Evaluate existing departmental operations and procedures with a view towards enhancing quality, productivity, innovation, volume, and cost reduction. Ensures the efficiency of the Centers front desk operations: reception and registration functions, phone systems, patient flow, appointment scheduling, copayment collections, HIPAA compliance, etc.
* Serves as point person for the MGH Weight Center patient registry systems.
* Serves as point person for division environmental issues related to repairs, cleaning, directories, signage, etc. Establishes and enforces fire and safety regulations for the office, following established protocols, and ensuring compliance with JCAHO, HIPAA, OSHA, and Hospital and MGPO guidelines.
* Collaborates with General Surgery Division leadership regarding operating room scheduling activities.
* Conducts monthly divisional staff meetings to ensure dissemination of information and solicit input from all staff members related to policies and procedures, day-to-day operations, etc. Participates in monthly Department of Medicine and Department of Surgery managers meetings.
* Coordinates with Partners Information Resources Department to arrange for hardware/software installation, troubleshooting, system access, etc., Serves as resource for division members for questions related to information systems, serves as custodian of any division-owned software to ensure only authorized use and security.
* Prepares and processes purchase orders as needed, maintains an inventory of supplies for general use.
* Responds to and resolves complaints of patients and referring providers.
* Monitors monthly service statistics and operational metrics, including admissions data, OR statistics, access metrics, patient experience (CG-CAHPS) scores, etc and facilitates strategies for improvement in utilization etc.
* Prepares and presents various statistical reports, cost analyses and budget justifications.
* Coordinates among secretaries for cross-coverage for breaks, vacations, etc. as well as for larger, division-wide projects, mailings, etc.
* Collaborates with Weight Center Director, Clinical AD of GI, and the Sr. AD of Surgery to analyze and implement contracts and agreements and manage related activities outside of the MGH main campus.
* Collaborates with Weight Center Director, Clinical AD of GI, and the Sr. AD of Surgery and PHS Real Estate on space planning efforts.
* Program and Practice Development
* Work with appropriate leaders in developing and implementing strategies and process improvement initiatives that support ambulatory excellence, growth, and efficiency that satisfy the needs of patients, referring physicians, and faculty.
* Provide ongoing support of the electronic medical record system (Epic). Partners with clinical and administrative leaders to identify, prioritize, implement, and monitor progress of information system enhancements and upgrades, as well as new system introductions.
* Engages in program development and improvement efforts in order to support enhanced growth activity throughout the main and extended campuses.
* Oversees and implements growth and expansion plans for Boston and off site locations.
* Collects and analyzes data in order to identify areas for improvement, opportunities, impediments to meeting targets and additional data needs, provides subject matter expertise on operational metrics and reports.
* Develops communications and presentations to inform DCH leadership of current initiatives and strategic plans, works to engage the necessary support in these efforts.
* Monitors all research, MGPO, and GH funds within the division (as applicable).
* Reconciles monthly fund statements and processes monthly transfer to the Departments GI and Surgery.
* Coordinates with Accounts Payable, Research Finance, Payroll, and other departments as needed for resolution of errors or identification of charges.
* Develops monthly status reports of research, GH, and MGPO funds.
* Reviews statements with each physician/group and recommends and implements measures for cost containment as appropriate.
* Works with DHC Leadership to approve all capital purchases.
* Assigns expenditures to funds as necessary.
* Works with Clinicians, DHC Leadership, and Professional Billing Office/MGPO Physician Reimbursement to routinely review practice fee schedule relative to marketplace third party reimbursements to ensure that revenues are maximized and practice fees are consistent with marketplace.
* Works with DHC Leadership to prepare/provide input into annual operating and capital budget.
* Oversees groups billing practices.
* Coordinates front-end procedures, and monitors and tracks services, to ensure capture and timely submission to billing service (PBO, outside billing agency, or practice-employed billers) of all services provided, responds to requests from billing service for information, corrections, etc.
* Oversees activities of billing service to ensure timely/maximized collections as well as compliance with billing procedures.
* Coordinates with billing service to develop billing policies and procedures.
* Collaborates with PBO to review and research denials and variances to ensure accurate billing and resolve discrepancies.
* Prepares and processes payment of invoices and reimbursements for travel and other out-of-pocket purchases.
* Reviews all supporting documentation for