ALB - Lift Operator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
This position requires the employee to sort, sticker and repack products as needed and to help maintain the cleanliness of the warehouse.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
* Produce packaged items in accordance with identified customer specifications.
* Rework distressed produce in accordance with company guidelines for shipment.
* Help maintain the cleanliness of the warehouse, including sweeping and trash removal.
* Operate warehouse equipment, such as forklifts and pallet jacks.
* Add/remove recycled boxes from baler machinery as necessary.
* Select half cases to be made (pick), label and put away (pack).
* Perform tasks in accordance with HACCP and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
* Observe all Company safety policies and procedures.
* Perform all duties and responsibilities in an ethical manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* Good organizational skills with attention to detail.
* Ability to complete paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
* Sense of urgency with ability to work well under pressure.
* Able to build and maintain effective, positive working relationships internally/externally with a diverse group of individuals throughout the organization; a team player.
* Good work ethic.
* Able to safely operate warehouse equipment, such as forklift and pallet jack, and obtain required certifications.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Good written/verbal communication skills.
* Able to develop and maintain effective, positive internal/external working relationships with a diverse group of individuals; a team player.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent. Previous experience in a warehouse setting preferred. Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs. Able to stand and work on feet for an extended periods of time in a cool, damp environment. Previous experience operating warehouse equipment, such as forklift and pallet jack. Some familiarity with produce (quality expectations, varieties, case packs) desired. English/Spanish bi-lingual skills useful
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.