ALB - Receiver
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Responsible for the entire receiving and shipping process: from monitoring acceptance of goods upon delivery to monitoring entry of receiving data into computer system. Assures accurate count of product and monitors product quality upon delivery.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
* Verify product quantities received against bills of lading.
* Check and report any damage found to product due to refrigeration, travel and/or handling by inbound transportation company.
* Accurately complete receiving paperwork in a timely manner.
* Serve as a liaison between receiving and warehouse staff.
* Ensure that all pallets are accurately labeled for put-away.
* Perform in accordance with HACCP and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location.
* Wear personal protective equipment as required.
* Embrace a high regard for safety. Observe all Company safety policies and procedures.
* Perform all duties in an ethical manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* Good organizational skills.
* Good attention to detail.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
* Able to work a flexible schedule as needed.
* Effective verbal/written communication skills.
* Good customer service skills.
* Able to complete necessary paperwork in an accurate and efficient manner.
* Able to manage resources to meet inbound and outbound appointment times.
* Able to develop and maintain effective, positive internal/external working relationships with a diverse group of individuals throughout the organization; a team player.
* High regard for safety.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent. Must be forklift and pallet jack certified. 1-3 years receiving experience in warehouse setting. Good understanding of receiving, shipping, inventory and material handling procedures. Must be able to work in a team environment and be flexible regarding tasks and schedule. Must have previous experience loading and offloading containers / trailers
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.