ALB - Selector 9/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Responsible for selecting orders, loading outbound trucks and unloading product while ensuring product quality.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
* Select customer orders in a timely, safe and accurate manner.
* Build stable and secure pallets.
* Label pallets and number to ensure accurate put-away or delivery.
* Place completed pallets into proper temperature zone, dock area and/or truck as required.
* Participate in tasks related to rotation of product and report quality issues to management.
* Assist in properly loading trucks before deadlines.
* Maintain cleanliness of the warehouse by sweeping, removing trash, and organizing products.
* Sort, label and repack individual pieces when needed.
* Perform duties in accordance with HACCP and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures.
* Observe and abide by all safety policies and procedures; wear appropriate safety equipment.
* Perform all duties in a highly ethical manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as orders, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Good organizational skills.
* Strong attention to detail.
* High awareness for safety.
* Sense of urgency with ability to work well under pressure.
* Able to work effectively in a fast paced, and contribute to team-oriented environment.
* Able to be flexible regarding tasks and work a flexible schedule as needed.
* Ability to complete necessary paperwork in an accurate and efficient manner.
* Able to safely operate warehouse equipment, such as forklifts and pallet jacks.
* Able to develop and maintain effective, positive internal/external working relationships with a diverse group of individuals throughout the Company.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must be forklift and pallet jack certified.
Familiarity with produce preferred (quality expectations, varieties, case packs). Or 1-3 years previous experience in a warehouse setting.
Able to stand and work on feet for extended periods of time in a cool, damp environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.