ALLL Model Analyst, Sr
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Synovus Financial Corp.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Original Posting date:
ALLL Model Analyst, Sr
Area of Interest:
680-Synovus Centre-5th Floor
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics or a related field
Minimum Experience: 4 years experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Direct experience performing model validations or model development, including concepts such as back testing, stress testing, sensitivity testing, and benchmarking
- Specialized training and work experience with a very strong background of statistical analysis and data modeling to include multivariate analysis, logistic regression, non-linear modeling, simulations, and similar techniques
- Expert proficiency with statistical software packages, query tools and software, and Microsoft Excel
- Time management skills, and the ability to work within established deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate to all levels within the organization
Additional Job information:
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Master's degree in Statistics, Operations Research, or related discipline in applied mathematics
- Proficient in SAS statistical software
- Financial services industry experience
Conducts testing and ongoing monitoring of models that feed into the calculation of the ALLL estimate and provides supporting documentation in accordance with regulatory guidance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs backtesting, sensitivity testing, and stress testing of PD, LGD and other models related to the ALLL. Documents the results of model performance testing. Updates monitoring and testing procedures as necessary.
Helps to maintain the loan loss reserve framework documentation, including changes/modifications to reserve methodology and documentation of methodology for new products.
Interfaces with examiners and auditors (internal & external) with respect to ALLL models. Provides help and insight to various examiners and auditors during review of the ALLL estimation process.
Uses historical default and loss data provided by the credit data group to calculate PD/LGD/LEP factors for various portfolio segments and risk grades. Monitor and analyze downgrade and charge-off data to estimate loss emergence periods for portfolio segments.
Facilitates quarterly reserve council meetings and organizes quarterly meetings of the ALLL Oversight Council. Prepares meeting materials and documentation; takes minutes at meeting to document decisions.
Provides ad-hoc reports as needed. Participates in various projects, initiatives, and training relating to the ALLL.
May orient, train or review the work of lower level ALLL Model Analysts.
Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V/AA
Synovus is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.