AMBULATORY CLINIC LPN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our health system; they are our most important strength. The health system offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for an Ambulatory Clinic LPN
* Accurately performs data entry in both Hospital and Clinical information systems
* Completes all FMLA and STD paperwork for provider to approve
* Follows-up with patients on lab results after provider has reviewed
* Orders patient care and clinical supplies
* Performs injections, spirometry and EKGs as needed
* Performs prior authorizations on medications when needed; refills medications according to the refill protocols
* Prepares exam rooms between patients
* Provides MyChart activation instructions to patients and promotes patient engagement through its use
* Responds to triage calls and messages pertaining to patient care in a timely manner based off of medical necessity and addresses walk-in patient concerns.
* Rooms patients which includes: escorting patients to the exam room, obtaining patients' weight and vital signs, reviewing patients' medication list and referring physician information, proactively reviewing chronic/preventive services needed or overdue, providing patients with educational materials, and notifying provider when patient is ready for evaluation
* High School Degree or GED required
* Licensed Practical Nurse in the state department upon work location required
* BLS Certification required
* Previous medical office experience preferred
* Ability to read and write English
* Basic typing and word processing ability required
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.