AME Molding Simulation Engineer 9/15/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) is one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world. Stanley Black and Decker s 2015 Revenue was 11.2B and our Global Tools & Storage division is responsible for $7.1B of SBD annual revenue. Global Tools and Storage is currently seeking candidates for AME Molding Simulation Engineer based in Towson, MD.
* Application of Moldex3D CAE plastic injection molding simulation software including ability to design Conformal Cooling paths and perform Conformal Cooling analysis resulting in optimal mold cooling with minimized part warpage and minimized cycle time.
* Application of Moldflow CAE plastic injection molding simulation software including ability to perform molding simulation analysis resulting in improved fill balance, minimized injection pressure and minimized part warpage.
* Create 3D CAE models required for Moldex3D and Moldflow plastic injection molding simulation software.
* Conduct component Design for Manufacture analysis.
* Conduct mold design analysis providing feedback to mold makers.
* Trouble shoot problematic injection molding processes during sampling or production.
* Explore advanced mold construction technology to continually improve mold cost, mold construction delivery time, molding cycle time and part quality.
* BS or equivalent (MS preferred) in Plastic or Manufacturing Engineering discipline with a strong polymeric background.
* 3 -5 years minimum experience in plastic injection molding manufacturing.
* 3-5 years minimum CAE 3D modeling experience preferably CATIA.
* Thorough GD&T knowledge/experience and its application to part measurement and gauging.
* Strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
* Able to manage multiple priorities and meet schedule commitments.
* Strong interpersonal skills capable of interfacing with all levels of the organization.
* High integrity, strong work ethic with a self-motivated, positive can-do attitude.
* Able to travel domestically and internationally.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.