AML Central Screening Unit Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Brown Brothers Harriman
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAML Central Screening Unit Manager
The CSU Manager will be responsible for helping implement and build a team of dedicated sanctions screening analysts to conduct screening of transactional and client data. This includes direct management and development of the analysts; overseeing the daily activities within the Central Screening Unit to support AML/Sanctions screening-related activities; ensuring proper disposition of alerts through training and implementation of effective controls and oversight processes. The manager must create and sustain a culture that is results-oriented and continuous process Improvement.
If you are looking to push your career to the next level, introduce yourself by submitting your resume.
Key responsibilities include:
* Supervise day-to-day activities. Ensure hits/alerts are handled in accordance with defined procedures and meet standards for both quality and deadlines. Hits/alerts are generated from sanctions screening of transactions, including but not limited to cash payments, trade instructions, corporate action messaging, and client related names (ie. Beneficial owners and/or interested parties).
* Develop and maintain a plan to ensure unit has appropriate resources to meet business objectives of the department.
* Create and maintain policies and procedures to ensure compliance with OFAC sanctions filtering/reporting requirements.
* Review of daily/weekly/monthly reports to identify trends.
* Serves as the day-to-day subject matter expert in their assigned areas and directs the activity of staff (multiple shifts/locations).
* Anticipate and plan for future staffing needs and skills based on changes within the team and Industry.
* Establish comprehensive Sanctions Program-related process flows and
* Recognize gaps and Identify opportunities for process improvements and maximize efficiency via resource and process assessments.
* Responsible for and analyzing team statistics/metrics, to identify trends, escalation rates and training gaps.
* Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to on a daily basis and have this evidenced.
* Perform analysis and develop deeper understanding of AML/OFAC requirements and implications.
* Instill a risk management mindset at all levels throughout your organization.
* Assess and provide solutions for requirements and risks of new initiatives/products/services
* Resolve complex discrepancies that impact client servicing, while adhering to compliance requirements
* BA/BS degree and/or equivalent work experience.
* 7 years+ of relevant work experience; Custody/Financial Services industry experience, banking operations preferred.
* 5 years+ of supervisory experience of small-medium size teams.
* 5 years+ of Anti Money Laundering ( AML ), Sanctions or related Compliance experience strongly preferred.
* Strong understanding of compliance and AML/OFAC regulatory requirements and implications.
* Experience in the effective tuning and testing of a sanctions screening filter (Fircosoft preferred) including: creation of test scripts, documentation and approval of rules, exceptions of proposed changes to filtering logic.
* Strong research, analysis and problem resolution skills.
* Ability to identify, escalate and resolve a problem; to see through gray areas and assess AML related risks.
* Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk exposure.
* Ability to manage time efficiently/effectively, multi-task with good organizational skills and detail-oriented.
* Ability to make complex decisions.
* Comfortable interacting with senior leaders/management.
* Considered an expert in highly specialized field or discipline which represents critical, unique skill set to BBH and had impact to business results.
* Ability to communicate professionally during presentations and walk throughs.
* Experience in business analysis and process improvement.
* Experience in improving processes and creating departmental procedures.
* Ability to coordinate cross-office initiatives.
* Strong knowledge of laws applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements, a plus.
* Banking Operational background, specifically in SWIFT, CHIPS, payments message types, a plus.
* Proficiency in the following systems/software is a plus: Microsoft Office suites, Internet Explorer, Lotus Notes, AML/Compliance related Case Management Systems along with AML related research tools (e.g. World-Check, LexisNexis, Dow Jones Watchlist)
* Knowledge of Fircosoft or related sanctions screening systems strongly preferred.
* What We Offer:
* A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
* Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
* Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself - within the Firm
* A culture of inclusion that values each employee s unique perspective
* High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
* Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
* Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.