AML Risk Assessment Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
Brown Brothers Harriman
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The AML Program & Quality Control Analyst performs Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions compliance research and analysis in support of AML policy and procedure development and maintenance. The Analyst will be responsible for performing a Quality Control review of AML investigation and SAR filings. The Analyst will be responsible for producing metrics and maintaining team records and working on special projects as assigned.
If you are looking to push your career to the next level, introduce yourself by submitting your resume.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Prepares and reviews investigative file documents for AML investigations and Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and coordinates with the AML staff to ensure that items are appropriately documented in the file. This requires that the incumbent have an understanding of the transaction activity (client transaction and trading activity), due diligence, and assessment and analysis in order to ensure the report and supporting documentation accurately and sufficiently evidence the review and recommendation.
* Identifies gaps or trends in investigative files and SARs both for individual analysts and across the team and recommends and, in coordination with the Surveillance and Program Managers, implements enhancements to the investigative and/or QC process itself.Identifies training needs or opportunities for the Surveillance team and prepares and delivers such training.
* Prepares written summaries of high risk events (such as AML Sanctions, client issues, etc.) typically for the Partners responsible for risk, Office of General Counsel, and relevant LOBs.This requires strong analysis and written communication skills.
* Prepares and validates monthly metrics and status report and other departmental reports as needed.
* Supports testing, validation and preparation of the Department s annual report and annual risk assessment.
* Leads the maintenance and enhancement of firm wide policies and procedures, for example comparing policy drafts with regulatory new rulings to ensure accuracy and completeness.
* Works closely with the local MLROs to ensure firm-wide and local policies and procedures in particular surveillance, sanctions, and reporting processes - are both adequate and consistent across all office locations and corresponding regulatory regimes
* Supports the development and delivery of training materials
* Gather documentation necessary for examination and audit by external parties.Assist in the coordination of examiners, auditors or other third parties as it relates to AML, Sanctions, Banking and Privacy reviews.
* Time spent is cyclical currently this is a large part of the job
* Leads and/or provides support on special projects as needed (ex: regulatory driven projects). Support includes, for example, maintaining project records, documenting the status of projects, working with department head to reconcile documentary evidence of projects, etc.
* Assist in the coordination of the global team meetings for MLRO sand maintaining meetings/action plans.
* Tracking and maintenance of team training records
* Other projects as assigned
* Bachelor s degree
* Approximately 3-5 years relevant experience
* Experience in AML policies and procedures and training;
* Experience in AML surveillance and preparation of investigations and SARs;
* Knowledge of due diligence tools and standards
* Within financial services, familiarity with both trade and payment activity (a plus)
* Experience with compliance testing (a plus).
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational, planning and project management skills
* Sound judgment, professionalism and discretion
* Self starter
* Strong level of comfort with data analysis/manipulation
WHAT WE OFFER:
* A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
* Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
* Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself - within the Firm
* A culture of inclusion that values each employee s unique perspective
* High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
* Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
* Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.