AMR Dispatcher I Grand Rapids, MI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 91726
Job Title: Dispatcher (I) Reports To: Communications Manager
Department: Communications Location: Grand Rapids, MI
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
AMR of Michigan (Grand Rapids area) is currently accepting application for Part-time Dispatcher.
With a Career at AMR, YOU can make a difference!
* Outstanding comprehensive benefits package including: Medical Plan, Prescription Drug Coverage, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Employee Assistance Program, 401k WITH company match, and Generous Paid Time Off.
The Dispatcher I functions primarily as a call-taker telecommunicator and is responsible for receiving,
recording and effectively managing requests for ambulance assistance/transport from various sources.
The Dispatcher I will offer pre-arrival instructions as indicated.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Understands and adequately implements the concepts of Emergency Medical Dispatch as published in Principles of Emergency Medical Dispatch (and as customized by AMR) as a minimum standard of care.
* Allocates EMS resources properly as the need arises by application of appropriate decision making rules and approved protocols.
* Responsible and accountable for completeness and accuracy of paperwork related to his/her position prior to completion of shift.
* Responsible for accurate and complete data entry for the shift. This will also include State Run
* Report data entry as assigned.
* Responsible for generating applicable reports and checking for accuracy.
* Assists in locating scene of incidents and selecting the safest, fastest route to such scene using all available locator aids.
* Relays instructions from supervisors, messages and emergency information.
* Maintains a current working knowledge of all company policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and memorandums.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Must have minimal medical training or telecommunications experience or, have at least one year's experience as an EMS or public safety dispatcher is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Skilled in reading and writing English.
Ability to communicate clearly on the radio and telephone.
Ability to record, transmit, and report information accurately.
Ability to efficiently utilize all equipment assigned to him/her.
Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Possess good typing skills with speed and accuracy necessary to efficiently process emergency and nonemergency calls.
Ability to understand basic computer applications.
We are an EOE/AA employer and AMR selects the best individual for the job based on job related qualifications, regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, ancestry, marital status, or disability.