- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
AMR / Rural Metro Santa Clara County - Fleet Technician Lead
We are excited for the recent merger of AMR/Rural Metro merge. Be a apart of the many opportunities available, JOIN TEAM AMR/RURAL METRO today:
Job LocationUS-CA-San JosePosted Date8/9/2016Position TypeRegular Full-TimeFLSA StatusNon-Exempt
From coast to coast, Rural/Metro employees are tied together by their overwhelming desire to help others. Every day and every call for our team of highly-trained professionals is different than the one before.
At Rural/Metro, we celebrate the successes of our team members, and doing the right thing for those we serve.
Rural/Metro is a leader in private ambulance and fire protection services in 21 states and more than 700 communities nationwide. Rural/Metro has provided high-quality patient care, met and exceeded the expectations of the communities we serve, and invested in the success of our employees since 1948.
The Fleet Technician Lead performs administrative duties as required for the operation of the fleet shop based on Company guidelines and in accordance with CAAS standards where applicable. Responsibilities include but are not limited to requisitioning parts and monitoring the maintenance schedule of Company vehicles insuring that all services are completed at scheduled intervals. In addition, repairs and maintains company vehicles and mechanical equipment within the regulations of Department of Transportation (DOT), State Department of Health, Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and Rural/Metro Corporation. This position is designed as a working Lead position.
* Manages and participates to ensure the shop is clean and safe.
* Schedules repair for all fleet vehicles and prioritizes work as necessary.
* Ensures schedules of maintenance are followed, managed and performed in a timely manner.
* Ability to perform functions of all other fleet technician positions within the department as required
* Manages communications and requirements for vehicles having services performed by outside vendors.
* Assigns work to fleet technicians from daily work orders.
* Provides necessary instruction and guidance to fleet technicians.
* Provides updates on the progress of projects
* Provides fleet reports to operations including: Critical failures; Repeat failures and Cost per Mile.
* Makes recommendations for personnel actions elating to discipline and compensation.
* Supports Company Policy and Management Decisions in a positive manner.
* Data entry into computer system
* Data entry into RTA system
* Requisition of parts, tires and shop supplies.
* Holds fleet technicians responsible for quality of work completed.
* Holds fleet technicians responsible for prompt and accurate completion of work orders.
* Monitors safety inspections required on various shop and safety equipment.
* Works with internal and external customers.
* Participates in all mandatory company training including any job specific training such as ASE certifications.
* Assists with training for field employees when needed.
* Current state driver's license
* Satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's Driving Policy.
* At least 5 years experience as a front line mechanic in both gasoline and diesel engines, electrical, brakes, suspension systems, transmissions and A/C, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Strong leadership, communication and mentoring skills.
* High School diploma or GED required.
* Tech School Diploma, or equivalent certification, training, and experience.
* ASE Certifications preferred.
Rural/Metro Corporation is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
To apply, click the link below.