ANESTHESIA SYS TECH.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/25/2016
Yale New Haven Health
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for coordination and distribution of supply flow between Materials Management, Hospital Supply, Pharmacy departments and all anesthetizing locations. Responsible for maintaining Anesthesia supplies, equipment and medication par levels in all Anesthetizing areas. Areas include MOR, Urolgoy, SurgEase, Endoscopy, Labor and Delivery, MRI, EP Lab and Pediatric Center. Three restocks daily. Also includes travel certs for ERRPS, Ultrasound, Bronchio and Cat Scan. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
\\"Come Grow With Us\\"
* 1. Maintains appropriate levels of supplies and equipment according to safety stock levels. Assists in accommodating special requests from physicians and nursing staff.
* 1.1 Inventories and replenishes each Anesthetizing area daily as indicated by feedback from Anesthesia Staff and weekly random observations by supervisor.
* 2. Assures cleanliness and availability of equipment and instrumentation.
* 2.1 Maintains neat and orderly storage areas according to departmental standards as observed by supervisor.
* 3. Utilizes budgeted resources judiciously.
* 3.1 Obtains items from exchange carts only when necessary to replenish established par areas as indicated by anesthesia staff feedback and as observed by supervisor.
* 4. Attends departmental meetings.
* 4.1 Meets with supervisor to discuss areas of concern on monthly basis as observed by supervisor chairing meetings.
* 5. Participates in customer service satisfaction improvement plan.
* 5.1 Pro-actively helps supervisor design and implement improvement plan.
* 6. Assists in updating of supply listing in preparation of inventory.
* 6.1 Prepares stock listings of all Anesthetizing areas with accuracy as noted by supervisory review.
* 7. Maintains neat and orderly anesthesia area.
* 7.1 Files and monitors current year Anesthesia record files with accuracy as noted by random checks by supervisor.
* 8. Completes non-therapeutic functions under the direction of MD, PA, APRN or RN.
* 8.1 Order IV solutions available from Hospital Supply appropriate for Central Sterile/Supply to meet established par levels.
* 9. Monthly expiration checklist accomplished
* 10. Makes sure pre-approved for levels in each bin location of each cart is correct.
* 11. Each pre-op and post-op cart is replenished Monday-Friday and one weekend.
* 12. Check all central line trays for checklist form
* 13. Weekly check O2 tanks and air
* 14. Put away supplies using FIFO methodology. Verify during expiration check that oldest is on top or front of bin or on top of pile.
* 15. Closure of L+D work room-prior to move to MOR workroom FY17.
* 16. Daily inspection of sodasort change cannisters as needed approximately 3 times a week max 24 anesthesia markings.
* 17. Restock ET tubes, Y-kors, suction cath, Pulse Ox and EKG levels (appropriate parts).
* 18. Wipe down anesthesia machines daily (will take care of unit support has gas lines), anesthesia carts (preop/postop/pedi). All Tee machines, Bronchioscope certs and glidescope.
* 19. Workrooms need to be organized and labeled, including drawers.
High school diploma or equivalent. Must be Certified or become a Certified Sterile Processing Technician within 6 to 9 months of acquiring the position. Certification SPD-Both have completed continuing education.
One year experience in medical center of health care related facility required.
Basic computer/math skills required. Must understand fifo methodology and expiration mgmt.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Must be able to cover 4hrs on the weekend every 3rd weekend.