ANESTHESIOLOGY: Certified Nurse Anesthetist CRNA/GRNA @ YSC 8/29/2016
Yale New Haven Health
New Haven, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
* NEW hiring rates (starting @ $71.00 per hour)
* Rate is commensurate with experience
* Per Diem rate = $125/hr flat rate
New sign on bonus:
* $20,000 for full-time*
* $10,000 for part-time*
* *installments paid out over 2 years
* No contract required
We are a large, well-established CRNA group looking for individuals to join our team. We practice in an anesthesia care team model, delivering care to a diverse patient population in a wide variety of settings, including 2 acute care campuses. CRNAs practice in outpatient, EP lab, interventional radiology and gastroenterology center, as well as in the main operating rooms for general surgery, orthopedics, GYN, and pediatrics.
The CRNAs are hospital employees, and Yale-New Haven Hospital offers a full benefit package and competitive wages, Cash Account Pension and TSA with hospital match, and includes performance reviews with MERIT BASED PAY INCREASE opportunity ANNUALLY.
For CRNAs interested in opportunities for professional development, Yale-New Haven Hospital is the place for you!! We accept new graduate Nurse Anesthetists and will consider candidates prior to graduation from their program.
All interested candidates should contact Maura Shea, Talent Acquisition @ firstname.lastname@example.org, Julie Lamb, Talent Acquisition @ 203-688-3036 and/or Holly Robins, Manager CRNA Services at: email@example.com
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
As a member of the Department of Anesthesiology, in collaboration with the Attending Anesthesiologist, administers anesthesia care to surgical and obstetrical patients.
* 1. Pre-anesthesia Preparation - The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist provides the following services to ensure appropriate Anesthesia care will be provided.
* 1.1 Reviews the health history and physical examination conveying pertinent information to the Anesthesiologist.
* 2. Anesthethetic Management - To plan for safe intraoperative anesthesia management.
* 2.1 Completes a thorough anesthesia apparatus safety test, including the anesthesia machine and all monitoring equipment which will be used during the delivery of a given anesthetic. Documents the anesthesia record accordingly.
* 3. Provides Post-anesthesia Care to ensure safe recovery of the patient.
* 3.1 Safely transports patient from operating room to post anesthesia care unit, surgical intensive care unit, or other predetermined area.
* 4. Personal and Professional Development : The following are necessary for the continual professional growth of the CRNA.
* 4.1 Meets requirements of 40 continuing education units every two years as required by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists.
Graduate of a Nurse Anesthesia Educational Program accredited by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetistists Council on accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Programs. Current State of Connecticut Nursing License. Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) licensure in the State of Connecticut.
New graduates accepted. Graduate from a nurse anesthesia educational program accredited by the AANA Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Program. Employed as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist.
AANA Certification, State of CT RN and APRN License
Anesthetic patient management must be immediate and responsive. Flexibility and adaptability are required.
Scope of Supervision: Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist practice according to their expertise, and institutional policy. Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists work medically directed by an attending anesthesiologist.