AP Staff Accountant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: Responsible for journal entry processing and reconciliation support within the AR and AP divisions of the Direct Capital accounting department. This role will involve utilization of all general accounting skills and will require exceptional attention to detail. * Sending payments to vendors
* Conduct account research and analysis
* Copying and filing documents after posting payables
* Research transactions paid
* Other duties and special projects as assigned by management
* Responsible for performing all record keeping duties
* Responsible for assisting tax accountant with payments of all sales tax, income tax and property taxes
* Responsible for maintaining the accuracy and completeness of the residual database
* Responsible for maintaining the accuracy and completeness of the syndicated and held-portfolio security deposit schedules
* Responsible for maintaining the lease portfolio roll forward
* Assisting in creating and maintaining fully automated procedures for insurance portfolio and billings
* Resolving all insurance-related discrepancies
* Lead position for all go-to ad-hoc accounting projects including insurance, automation and financed residuals
Qualifications: Knowledge of lease accounting and systems. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Accounting degree preferred. Solid foundation of generally accepted accounting principles. Minimum of 2 years of experience.