API Developer 9/6/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY If you're interested in using open source technologies to build a high performance distributed system to support asynchronous workflows and faster fault recovery, this is the role for you!
The Enterprise Connectivity and Integration team is building new functionality and features as they extend this company's Web Infrastructure to integrate with systems using a web-friendly REST API. In order to do this, they need engineers with experience in designing and building REST APIs for web delivery of human and machine readable data. You'll be working closely with developer groups to onboard their services into the REST API framework as well as drive business and clients toward this open API standard.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or another numerical discipline degree.
* Strong grasp of Computer Science fundamentals, such as Algorithms, Data Structures and Object Oriented concepts knowledge.
* 2+ years of experience building REST APIs
* Extensive knowledge of how web semantics translate into a REST API
* 4+ years of experience programming and delivering in a production environment
* Expertise working with data structures and algorithms
* Strong problem solving skills
* Proficiency in object-oriented programming and experience applying modern design patterns
* Experience working with web technology
* Experience with the REST framework and tools like Play framework and Postman