API Support Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONIn October 2015, our client launched an initiative to build a customer-facing, enterprise-wide channel to support our customers' desire to leverage emerging technology. This new channel will enable the company to package their products and services as discrete "micro-services" delivered through real-time messaging technology. Often referred to as APIs (application program interface), these discrete services can be easily embedded within other digital environments or software platforms so customers can access their products wherever and whenever they choose.
- Provide guidance and leadership to API tech support team.
- Handle escalations and resolve customer issues.
- Train/mentor growing API team.
- 5+ years of managerial experience.
- 5+ years working with API platforms and products.
- Experience working in a call center setting.
- Answer inquiries that come into API support via email and forums
- Answer questions over the phone when needed, and grow into a role that promotes API best practices updating FAQ.
- Advise partners and their developers about API capabilities
- Work with our documentation expert to create and revise user guides and identify areas that could be clarified via our developer portal
- Analyze server logs to investigate customer-reported issues
- Troubleshoot issues and create defects with step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the issue
- Escalate issues and feature requests to the product manager
- Communicate with other teams such as support, training, and our partner team to ensure the best customer experience for plugins and API questions
- Reach out to plugin developers whose integration could be improved