APN - NP
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY: This position provides direct patient care relative to physical diagnosis and therapeutic management for high acuity patients in the inpatient and/or ICU setting. Works closely with faculty, fellows, residents and nursing staff to develop and coordinate a plan of care to meet the needs of the patient and their families. Off-hour, weekends and holiday coverage are often required.
* Performs history and physical examinations, formulation of care plans, ordering and interpreting laboratory and diagnostic tests and provides education to patients and their families.
* Document clinical encounters clearly, precisely and in a timely manner.
* Coordinates the care of patients in order to provide safe, effective, efficient and timely patient centered care. Liaises between visiting nurses, clinical staff and consult services. Care plans and execution of those plans should encompass the entire service to tie the service together. Consults with physicians or surgeons regarding the care of patients for more complex diagnosis.
* Acts as an educator and serves as a clinical resource for staff through consultation formal and informal education, review of literature and participation in seminars and conferences.
* Works in a collaborative relationship with other health professional to determine health needs of patients and families. Demonstrates and role models an interdisciplinary collaborate approach to patient care.
* Master's degree required in Nursing.
* License required: Nurse Practitioner License, and Certificate 1 required: Basic Life Support
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* MA Board authorization to practice as an APRN NRSG
* Valid prescriptive authority from both the MA DPH-DCP and Federal DEA
* American Heart Association - Basic Life Support Certificate
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Experience in a teaching hospital and speciality area expertise.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
The NP or PA will be working along side other advanced care providers to support the Neurosurgery service including: ER consults, OR first assist, and bedside procedures. This is a APP run service.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf