APPE Pharmacy Rotation Intern 9/15/2016
Myers & Stauffer LC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Myers and Stauffer LC is a certified public accounting and health care reimbursement consulting firm, specializing in audit, accounting, data management and consulting services to government-sponsored health care programs (primarily state Medicaid agencies, and the federal Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services). We have 40 years of experience assisting our government clients with complex health care reimbursement and provider compliance issues, operate 18 offices and have 800 associates nationwide.
The APPE pharmacy rotation student will perform reviews of pharmaceutical pipelines, new drugs, and specialty pharmaceuticals, analyze drug clinical and pricing information, perform analyses of drug utilization; and prepare written documents supporting professional decisions. This is a unique opportunity to learn while working in the arena of pharmaceutical pricing and indexing. This application is open for APPE rotations students during the 2017-18 academic year (from May, 2017-April 2018). We can accommodate students on 4-6 week rotations during this time-frame. We will accept applications until November 15, 2016. Students will be notified of final decisions by January 31, 2017.
* Perform analyses of documentation and Medicaid claims data.
* Communicate with third-parties and teammates on a regular basis.
* Possess and apply a solid understanding of the work environment; be punctual and present.
* Possess a general understanding while able to articulate various services provided to clients.
* Respond to inquiries and requests.
* Strive to attain goals established by direct supervisors.
* Positive attitude toward self, other professionals, clients, and Myers and Stauffer.
* Ability to gain computer proficiency relative to administrative programs, spreadsheets, word processing, and internet research.
* Professional in appearance and manner.
* Additional responsibilities as assigned.
* Intern must be working toward a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree from an ACPE-accredited school of pharmacy in the US and able to complete APPE rotations. Dual degree candidates (MBA, business or HIT minors) are preferred.
* Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 preferred.
* Strong analytical, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
* Well organized with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail; multi-task with planning and efficiency.
* Must be able to manage multiple deadlines, prioritize assignments and work in a team environment.
* Proficient use of applicable software programs, including Microsoft Office suite and preferably SQL.
* This rotation does not supply housing or compensation to students.
Application open online at www.mslc.com from October 1 to November 15, 2016. Click on careers and search Fellowship to find the listing.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Final candidate extended offer by December 31, 2016.
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans. An E-Verify Employer. Drug-free workplace.
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, Please visit following URL for more information: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf