APRN- Acute Geriatric Unit Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
Christiana Care Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Christiana Care Health System is hiring for an experienced APRN to work on our 39 bed ACE Unit providing care to a population of acutely ill geriatric patients. In this role the APRN will ensure the needs and goals of the patient are met on the unit while coordinating with the attending s and teaching staff.
As a not-for-profit health system, Christiana Care s mission is one of service. Our belief is that the key to providing truly great healthcare is to partner with patients and their families, building a system of care that is effective, affordable and valuable to everyone who is touched by it. In addition, Christiana Care truly values the relationship between physicians, staff and the community, and relies on strong physician engagement at every level.
The Christiana Care Way is the organization s promise to their patients & community: We serve our neighbors as respectful, expert, caring partners in health. We do this by creating innovative, effective, affordable systems of care that our neighbors value.
Christiana Care Health System is one of the nation s largest healthcare providers, and is recognized as a regional center for excellence in cardiology, cancer, emergency services, orthopaedics, trauma and women's health services. Christiana Care oversees 50 clinical locations and 118 provider offices, and primarily serves residents of Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Christiana Care includes two hospital campuses - Wilmington Hospital in the city of Wilmington, Delaware, and Christiana Hospital in Newark, Delaware. Christiana Care also is a major teaching hospital that supports 27 residency programs, including residencies in diagnostic radiology, emergency medicine, family medicine, general practice dentistry, general surgery, internal medicine, OB-GYN, oral and maxillofacial surgery, dentistry, podiatry, pharmacy and pastoral care.
* To work collaboratively with the appropriate physician as a self-directed practitioner who provides leadership and facilitates coordination of services for patients posted to the inpatient unit. In collaboration with the physician Medical Director, Case Managers, Physicians, Nurses, Social Workers and other healthcare team members, the Nurse Practitioner will be directly involved with facilitation of the treatment plan through working with admitting physicians to improve outcomes, promote optimal resource utilization and foster efficient throughput.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Consults with physicians regarding the patient s condition, diagnosis and treatment plan, medication orders and need for alternate dispositions if necessary. Keeps attending physician advised of status.
* Initiates referrals to appropriate resources and services, promoting a collaborative approach to patient care.
* Initiates pre-printed order sets and clinical protocols according to patient diagnosis as indicated.
* Prescribes medications as credentialed by the Joint Practice Committee of the Delaware Board of Medical Practice.
* Writes orders and documents in the medical record as indicated;
* Initiates requests for laboratory data and radiologic studies as needed and interprets results as related to the treatment plan.
* Informs, counsels and instructs individuals and families on their specific health problems and test results.
* Prepares and maintains complete and accurate medical records and other documents.
* Attends, participates in discharge planning and multi-disciplinary case discussions and/or family meetings to promote high quality of care as necessary.
* Analyzes documentation and feedback to facilitate problem resolution.
* Participates in multi-disciplinary protocol development.
* Oversees the utilization of healthcare resources to facilitate the care of the patient within length of stay targets.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Graduate of an accredited Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Program
* Must possess or be able to obtain a Delaware State RN license, Certification of Nurse Practitioner in good standing required.
* Certification in BCLS and ACLS.
* Minimum 1 year related clinical experience with the adult population with experience working as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse as and FNP or AGNP.
WORK SHIFT: Day shift, No Rotation
POSITION TYPE: Advanced Nurse Practitioner
JOB REQUISITION #: 38511BR
ABOUT US: Christiana Care Health System is an Award Winning Warrior Friendly Business.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Geriatric, Orthopedic, Medical, Radiology, Pharmacy, Healthcare Apply now
* Apply now
* Please wait...
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.